By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Spencer Battle: PS4 won Sept Globally in the US. The battle continues in October.

Fusioncode said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Fusioncode said:

I've seen you happily accept VGC numbers when you actually like them. And I don't think shipment data going to help your case much. 

Would you mind point when I did that? 

My nick doesn´t start with toast.

Yeah I'm not digging through your post history. You and I both know what you've said. 

No, I don´t know.

I don´t remember going into any weekly sales thread in the last 2 or 3 years with blindly faith those numbers were real .

Over the time the numbers get close to reality. But are still guestimating.

And I recently quite posting a thread showing that Halo Reach and Halo 3 sold more units when they where released than Destiny combined all platforms. There is no point in arguing the shape of a cloud in a windy day.

If make a claim that you can´t prove (or disprove) that removes any point in this discussion. 

Around the Network

This is a silly way to think. If you lost the first 9 months of the year, surely you'll lose the rest too. There's this thing called momentum. PS4 has it and its rolling with it.

One of these should be done with the Xbox One and Wii U.

NobleTeam360 said:
One of these should be done with the Xbox One and Wii U.

well spencer was talking about PS4 vs XB1. but i agree, it can be more intersting. feel free to make one. 

Dark_Feanor said:

No, I don´t know.

I don´t remember going into any weekly sales thread in the last 2 or 3 years with blindly faith those numbers were real .

Over the time the numbers get close to reality. But are still guestimating.

And I recently quite posting a thread showing that Halo Reach and Halo 3 sold more units when they where released than Destiny combined all platforms. There is no point in arguing the shape of a cloud in a windy day.

If make a claim that you can´t prove (or disprove) that removes any point in this discussion. 

stop your console was nonesense and stop derailing this thread.

this thread is to compare the sales of xb1 vs ps4 through the months of sept to dec, as spencer, the head of xbox himself, said they are important and wants to win them. its a sales discussion, if you cant stand one console beating the other, by all means, go some place else and complain about it there. but dont derail my thread with nonesense. 

Around the Network

Tagging.

bananaking21 said:

"They beat us in June. They beat us in May," Spencer says. "These months are small if you look at the sales. I think the whole month of June is about one week in November. They're winning, and they'll do their PR around it, and that makes sense. The battle is really September, October, November, and December."Phil Spencer.

Yes, that is what good old phil said himself, and he does have a point. September, Octobor, November and December are the biggest and most important months of the year, so this thread is here to collect the sales data and see who wins this war. months and weeks will be put up. significant events or anything that happens that might effect sales will be mentioned as well, to give an idea on whats effecting sales.

Globaly in the US sales and US sales will be placed using VGC data, until NPD comes in and i will replace US VGC data with NPD. the winner is the one who will sell the most, doesnt matter about the region, its globally. though US data will be added because its going to be an interesting "battle", most likely with two winners. 

September. Week 1 (ending 6th sept). PS4 takes the Lead.

PS4 Global sales:  133,462

XB1 Global sales: 124,736

PS4 US Sales: 44,850

XB1 US Sales: 34,195

Sales Difference:

Sales Difference Globally: PS4 won by 8726

Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 won by 10,655

Significant events to consider:

-  Xbox One released in the "Tier 2" countries, which are Chile, Colombia, Japan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Arab Emirates

- Destiny hype building up as its releasing next week. 

September. Week 2 (ending 13th sept). Destiny Week. Simply Massive. 

PS4 Global sales:  472,885

XB1 Global sales: 171,486

PS4 US Sales: 162,354

XB1 US Sales: 105,437

Sales Difference:

Sales Difference Globally: PS4 won by 301399

Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 won by 56917

- Destiny releases with PS4 exclusive Marketing
- White PS4 bundle with Destiny releases
The average selling price of Xbox One in the UK was just £306, the lowest it reached since launch. 

September Cumulative Sales:

Cumulative PS4 Global Sales for September : 606347

Cumulative XB1 Global Sales for September : 296222

Cumulative PS4 US Sales for September : 207204

Cumulative XB1 US Sales for September : 139632

Cumulative Sales Difference:

Cumulative Sales Difference Globally: PS4 winning by 399143

Cumulative Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 winning by 156590

You forgot the free game with the Xbone under significant events.

Robbie2010 said:
bananaking21 said:

"They beat us in June. They beat us in May," Spencer says. "These months are small if you look at the sales. I think the whole month of June is about one week in November. They're winning, and they'll do their PR around it, and that makes sense. The battle is really September, October, November, and December."Phil Spencer.

Yes, that is what good old phil said himself, and he does have a point. September, Octobor, November and December are the biggest and most important months of the year, so this thread is here to collect the sales data and see who wins this war. months and weeks will be put up. significant events or anything that happens that might effect sales will be mentioned as well, to give an idea on whats effecting sales.

Globaly in the US sales and US sales will be placed using VGC data, until NPD comes in and i will replace US VGC data with NPD. the winner is the one who will sell the most, doesnt matter about the region, its globally. though US data will be added because its going to be an interesting "battle", most likely with two winners. 

September. Week 1 (ending 6th sept). PS4 takes the Lead.

PS4 Global sales:  133,462

XB1 Global sales: 124,736

PS4 US Sales: 44,850

XB1 US Sales: 34,195

Sales Difference:

Sales Difference Globally: PS4 won by 8726

Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 won by 10,655

-  Xbox One released in the "Tier 2" countries, which are Chile, Colombia, Japan, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Arab Emirates

- Destiny hype building up as its releasing next week. 

September. Week 2 (ending 13th sept). Destiny Week. Simply Massive. 

PS4 Global sales:  472,885

XB1 Global sales: 171,486

PS4 US Sales: 162,354

XB1 US Sales: 105,437

Sales Difference:

Sales Difference Globally: PS4 won by 301399

Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 won by 56917

- Destiny releases with PS4 exclusive Marketing
- White PS4 bundle with Destiny releases
The average selling price of Xbox One in the UK was just £306, the lowest it reached since launch. 

September Cumulative Sales:

Cumulative PS4 Global Sales for September : 606347

Cumulative XB1 Global Sales for September : 296222

Cumulative PS4 US Sales for September : 207204

Cumulative XB1 US Sales for September : 139632

Cumulative Sales Difference:

Cumulative Sales Difference Globally: PS4 winning by 399143

Cumulative Sales Difference in the US:  PS4 winning by 156590

You forgot the free game with the Xbone under significant events.

which week? and whats the game? 

9/8/2014 thru 9/17/2014 you get a free game of your choice when buying the Xbone in th US.

Damn! Destiny's launch was huge! I really wasn't expecting such a massive boost for the PS4. Or the XB1, for that matter.