By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Putting Sales aside - Do you consider the 3DS a better handheld than the DS was?

Which have you enjoyed more?

3DS 193 66.32%

DS 68 23.37%

See results 29 9.97%

Total:290

There are a LOT of really great DS games being named in this thread.

At times like this we must reflect upon what is truly important: all of those games are playable on 3DS. This is not the DS library vs the 3DS library, it is the GBA + DS library against the DS + 3DS + 3DS VC (including many classic GB, GBC, and NES games, and a handful of Sega Genesis & Game Gear games) library.

Around the Network

Alright, to better compare this, why not just have the 3DS counter any good game the DS had? So to do this, here's what I've done. Someone enter in their list, and someone else try to counter it. 

DS 3DS

Ow and Contra 4 and not 1, not 2 but 3 good castlevanias..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Clyde looking for a fight....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DS 3DS
Ghost Trick

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Ow and Contra 4 and not 1, not 2 but 3 good castlevanias..

Portrait of Ruin was quite "meh," in my opinion, but the other two (especially Ecclesia) were excellent.

3DS is a joke.... it's main feature 3D is turned off by most of the user. It was overpriced when it release and the Graphical evolution is just comparing 2004 Tech to the 2011 tech. Both system are actually behind their times in term of processing and power.

I think the 3DS would of been better off without 3d and simply have a bigger screen that can push a higher resolution.

The original clunky DS was badly design and it wasn't until DS lite, that The Nintendo DS truly shine. It's sales are probably severely over stated from people owning multiple consoles. Nintendo DS did revolution mobile gaming by introducing a touch screen and dual screen hardware.

3DS is a natural evolution of the Nintendo DS. It's obviously better then the DS. It's like comparing the WiiU to the Wii, WiiU is better.

All of Nintendo DS can be played on 3DS.

Ds to my mind has a huge and awesome library. The 3ds has a is smaller library but many of its games are great.

Here are a few of my most fondly remembered ds games:

All the ds Castlevainias
Chrono Trigger
Mario 64 ds
NSMB
Mario Kart ds
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Disgaea
Trackmainia
Advance wars (Both)
Fire Emblem
Devil Survivor
Spirit Tracks
Browsers Inside story
Ace Attorney
Lock's Quest
Dragon Quest IX
Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
Professor Layton and the curious village
Flipnote Studio

If I had to look at it objectively I would probably say that the DS had a larger library of great games overall, though not as many of them were necessarily games I was interested in. The 3DS has fit my personal tastes a lot more, and I've had a ton of fun with it. (It gets extra points for having a "real" 2D Zelda.)

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

yvanjean said:
3DS is a joke.... it's main feature 3D is turned off by most of the user. It was overpriced when it release and the Graphical evolution is just comparing 2004 Tech to the 2011 tech. Both system are actually behind their times in term of processing and power.

I think the 3DS would of been better off without 3d and simply have a bigger screen that can push a higher resolution.

The original clunky DS was badly design and it wasn't until DS lite, that The Nintendo DS truly shine. It's sales are probably severely over stated from people owning multiple consoles. Nintendo DS did revolution mobile gaming by introducing a touch screen and dual screen hardware.

3DS is a natural evolution of the Nintendo DS. It's obviously better then the DS. It's like comparing the WiiU to the Wii, WiiU is better.

All of Nintendo DS can be played on 3DS.

Was this post started by a person and finished by another?