By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kinisking said:
Slarty said:

nintendo fans don't get the time of day? they run the site and all so smart,yerp yerp

you obviously weren't around in 7th gen when the Wii was butchering everyone and the fanboys let us all know about it or how about 

forever and a day

playstation is back on top and the bitches are all whining like they never dished it out for years,what comes around goes around in teh console warz and PS4 is beating you down with sales

it makes it even more enjoyable that the fanboys really can't stand sony getting the job done like there must be something wrong in gaming,its so delicious,yum yum

thats right i remember only sony fans are arrogant

Thank you for being an example of another thing I hate. This endless cycle of fanboyism. I understamd why don't fans are arrogant. They're bitter. Your bitter because you were picked on and you guys picking on will lead to others picking on you next gen if Ms or Nintendo turns the tide and again and again 

and thank you for reminding us taht when sony si on top you start bitching for better days when nintendo was on top and of course non of you were arrogant back then

who cares about being picked on,this is a sales site and sales drive teh console warz,if people don't like the sales wars i sugegst they got to a site not driven by untis of sales and discuss their precious superior gaming experiences

Around the Network

Awwww noooooo you're going to bring back up all my 7th gen feels D:

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

In fairness last gen lasted 6-8 years (technically still going) while currently gen is 1-2 years old. By 2016 I am confident this generation will be great well.

At this point, seventh gen was actually kind of a mess.

- The PS3 was a disaster, with no gaemz (like, at all. Though Tools of Destruction and Uncharted would come out some time later). I'm pretty sure anyone who lived that moment would kill for a lineup like the PS4's back then.
- The Xbox 360 was a fucking time bomb. Over 50% failure rate guys. OVER. FIFTY. PERCENT. Halo 3 is not that fun when your console will most likely SELF-DESTRUCT.
- The Wii was selling like crack, and the hype was still insane. But... ahn... under-powered hardware...? I don't know.

So yeah, in the same time frame, it was actually worse than today.

kinisking said:
VanceIX said:
It's better when one console has a huge lead, because it means the other consoles have to seriously innovate to get consumers back. Honestly, as a Wii U and PS4 owner, this is a win, since Nintendo is on a roll with great games that are much better than their Wii counterparts.

You should get the Xbox one too.  just a suggestion though

I had one pre-ordered, but college expenses made it hard to justify the purchase, sadly. I'll pick one up when a slim version comes out for sure. 

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Nem said:
To be honest, i prefer gens when one console dominates the others. For some reason, the rivals seem to come up with lots of really good games and i end up buying them all. I particularly like the ps1 and ps2 era's because of that.

This.  The Wii was mostly a shovelware console with very little worth getting and the Xbox 360 was all the same games I owned on the PS3 with very few exclusives worth getting. 

On previous gens atleast one or two systems had a widely different library than the one that dominated that gen and it made it worth owning atleast two consoles, maybe three, or maybe even four with sixth gen console also having the Dreamcast.

I don't know.. The 7th gen didn't begin very well! I think the 8th gen is actually doing better than the 7th gen in the same timeframe! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It was pretty good, and for the most part I'm still living in 7th gen. Only "8th gen" systems I have are Nintendo's and Sony's handhelds, though technically I would still qualify them as 7th gen as well.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

7th gen was best!!!! Wii :)

The 7th gen hasnt ended at least not for the PS3, there still games coming for it, i for example i will get Tales of Xillia 2, Fairy Fencer, Guilty Gear Xrd (although might get it for PS4), Tales of Zestiria, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5.

also you are making this thread because you feel that you are being picked on for owning a X1 and therefore you miss the 360 days.... what about the PS3 then?, we got the same treatment back then by 360 fans and yet i never felt the need to justify my purchase or get all nostalgic about the PS1 and PS2 domination era, and you know why? because i KNEW that my PS3 purchase would pay out in the end and BOY IT DID, so many GREAT new exclusive IPS, so many Japanese and Western Exclusives and so many HIGH RATED exclusives, the PS3 was... No it IS a GREAT console.

And if you bought a X1 because just like me with the PS3 you know that its gonna be worth it through the generation then you shouldnt feel bad, in fact for you as a consumer maybe its the best thing because microsoft will be trying to get more and more exclusive games and better deals for you, just like the PS3 (in my opinion) was the PS console to get (probably) more and defenetly better exclusives of all the PS consoles.