By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks the Halo franchise is over rated?

Fanatical111 said:
MDMAniac said:
Fanatical111 said:
MS continues to create new IP's such as Too Human, BioShock, Mass Effect, Gears etc.

All this stuff does not belong to MS so what of the list they create?

Sorry they fund game devs to create new IP's instead of spending a vast amount of resources promoting sequels etc.

Yeah, because Halo 3, Banjo Threeie, Fable 2, Geras 2, Ninja Gaiden II, etc. aren't sequels, yet Infamous, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, LittlebigPlanet, etc. are?

And if that jab wasn't aimed at the ps3, specifically MGS4, then I apologize, but I have a hard time seeing what else it could've been referring too.

Around the Network

Its an extremely solid series of console FPS. It isn't the second coming of Christ nor is it something you would find on the bottom of your shoes, they are good games but they certainly are not something revolutionary along the lines of half-life.

Halo is pretty much the reason why FPS games found a mass market on consoles. The multiplayer of Halo was fun and addictive especially when Halo 1 was THE option for multiplayer FPS entertainment. The first was revolutionary and amazing in many ways, and the sequels overrated and derivative.

That said, I never dug Halo all that much. I prefer my FPS on PC with a keyboard and a mouse, and my consoles for RPGs, action, and racing games.

Great console FPS and worthy of hype (but not the gargantuan hype MS and some fanboys dole out). But when it comes to PC FPS it's great but not exceptional.
I prefer Unreal over Halo anyday.

rocketpig said:
Auron said:
Halo pales in comparison two other FPS games. The only people praising it as a GREAT game are delusional fanboys.

If you're including PC games, I agree that Halo pales in comparison. In the console world, not so much. The Halo series is the premiere FPS game on consoles, though it's not my personal favorite. The only other game I would compare to it is CoD4 and even that is lacking in co-op play and a level editor.

Yes i am including PC fps.  Does the 360 have keyboard and mouse support yet?(if you know)

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
sienster said:
Wow, people on a Wii dominated forum hating on Halo - couldn't see that coming. Actually, the first time I played it I thought it was overrated. Then I played online and was hooked! It's the best multiplayer game out there, so long as you don't get asswipes to play with.

Sorry, but PC gaming has spoiled quite a few of us.  Halo marks a collective yawn from PC gamers who have much better alternatives and have had them for a long time.  

I haven't played multiplayer PC games, so I'll take your word for it.  I guess I was just referring to consoles.  As someone pointed out, PC lacks voice chat - which I find adds to the gaming experience.

sienster said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
sienster said:
Wow, people on a Wii dominated forum hating on Halo - couldn't see that coming. Actually, the first time I played it I thought it was overrated. Then I played online and was hooked! It's the best multiplayer game out there, so long as you don't get asswipes to play with.

Sorry, but PC gaming has spoiled quite a few of us. Halo marks a collective yawn from PC gamers who have much better alternatives and have had them for a long time.

I haven't played multiplayer PC games, so I'll take your word for it. I guess I was just referring to consoles. As someone pointed out, PC lacks voice chat - which I find adds to the gaming experience.

Pretty much all PC games include voicechat now. I think you're referring to my post where I specifically mentioned PC games lacking "co-op with integrated voice chat". That is really the only part of PC games that are still lacking and Left4Dead looks to fix that small problem.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think that Halo is very overrated but I still love the game and story, mostly the books.

myspace.com/neorayj

halo is overrated

halo combat evolved was a great game with a good story

halo 2 broght online to a new level but had a terrible story

halo 3 online was sexy and the story was avg

I was one of the few who didn't buy an Xbox for Halo..I bought mine for Shenmue IIx.

I finally got Halo sometime later played about 3 hours and was bored put it back on the shelf and never played it again and eventually traded it in.

Within the last few months got a together with some people played Halo 3 multi and it was just meh for me....I had more fun playing Turok/Turok2 on N64.