By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks the Halo franchise is over rated?

I DO!!! I DO!!!

To me the Battlefield games are a billion times better.

Around the Network

It's kinda hard to not be overrated with the advertising that game got, haha. But seriously, it is definitely overrated. They're good games, but come on, they're not THAT good. They're are shooters that have surpassed it, I think.

sienster said:
Wow, people on a Wii dominated forum hating on Halo - couldn't see that coming. Actually, the first time I played it I thought it was overrated. Then I played online and was hooked! It's the best multiplayer game out there, so long as you don't get asswipes to play with.
It looks like someone needs to get a PC with a steam account + a couple games!

i played halo 1 and 2 and i didnt really like them,

Having grown up as a PC gamer, multiplayer (non in room), halo is done well, but is so unexceptional that you'd be amazed how well it does. FPS wise, computers will always be my choice.

However, excluding a PC gaming background, Halo is a shark. It doesn't change much over it's itinerations, but it does what it needs to do and does it extremely well. Also, being nearly single handidly responsible for the only 2 profitable quarters in Xbox history, even if you say the game is overrated, or mediocre, it's retardation to deny the impact and the results of the game.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Halo pales in comparison two other FPS games. The only people praising it as a GREAT game are delusional fanboys.

They aren't. The first Halo was outstanding and actually provided some innovation to the genre. Halo 2 provided us with the premier console multiplayer experience, and 3 was a culmination of the two. It's a fantastic series we were lucky to have.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Auron said:
Halo pales in comparison two other FPS games. The only people praising it as a GREAT game are delusional fanboys.

If you're including PC games, I agree that Halo pales in comparison. In the console world, not so much. The Halo series is the premiere FPS game on consoles, though it's not my personal favorite. The only other game I would compare to it is CoD4 and even that is lacking in co-op play and a level editor.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Halo is a fine game, fun multiplayer- but how can it not be overrated

I get the impression from some people Halo was Created on the 7th day...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon: Those people are like those who think Kazaa makes them an elite hacker.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.