By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Dev Defends Bungie's Destiny: "Review Score Under 8 Is Ludicrous, Deserves More Just For Scope And Art"

I'm not saying it's true one way or the other. I WILL note that these guys have been proven right multiple times on their sales numbers.

It seems Destiny did manage to give PS4 a nice little boost as expected. Despite the downgrade of the PS4 version to reach 1080p resolution on Xbox One , more than 56% of Destiny's global sales came from PS4. The game went on to sell ~5 million copies in the first week of its launch across all platforms . PS4 handily beat the Xbox One 2:1 in UK and a whopping 5:1 across Europe. We do not have the final numbers for USA but we can confirm that over 100,000 PS4 consoles were sold across the region during Destiny week. Around 50% of the total PS4 hardware sales in USA came from Destiny bundles. PS4 reached the coveted 11m units sold worldwide as of September 13,2014. PS4 globally, now has more than double the install base as Xbox One - Microsoft's forsaken console. Xbox One, despite some fire sales to match PS4 Destiny Bundle, saw a meagre hardware boost across UK and USA only.

Destiny Week Sales (September 9 ,2014 - September 14 ,2014)

PAL / Europe :

PS4 hardware - ~169,000

Xbox One hardware - ~34,000

Destiny software split across PAL - 70 : 30

North America :

PS4 hardware - ~100,000

Final Xbox One hardware numbers are unknown

More than 55% of the total software sales of Destiny came from PS4

http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-11m-worldwide-with-destiny.html

Around the Network

@ Archer..Well 3-5 million have bought the game and others even a console with it not based on great reviews....I doubt they could have been swayed anyway.. between now and 5 years we will only have big publishers in the game industry that will hype up games like crazy with the possibility of burning gamers to much...

GamechaserBE said:
@ Archer..Well 3-5 million have bought the game and others even a console with it not based on great reviews....I doubt they could have been swayed anyway.. between now and 5 years we will only have big publishers in the game industry that will hype up games like crazy with the possibility of burning gamers to much...

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying the game will fail just because of the reviews. I know even crap sells. Duke Nukem Forever, that shit Alien game, Simcity, and Sims 4. That's why EA does what it does. Reviews and vocal people don't kill COD. COD will kill COD. Once enough people get tired of playing the same type of game enough times. I'm just saying, there would be some dropoff, if reviews had come out before it. And it might of made less of a issue to the game. Vocal people would of skipped it and could of just been whatever to everyone else.

Burek said:

That guy on GAF was correct.
If Destiny is barely managing to cling onto 75 meta, given the amount of negativity following The Order throughout the months, it is dangerously approaching Knack territory.

What do you think now?

mymuro said:
Burek said:

If Destiny is barely managing to cling onto 75 meta, given the amount of negativity following The Order throughout the months, it is dangerously approaching Knack territory.

What do you think now?

Hahaha nice necro! I remember this thread.I remember that the first time i saw this article i thought "ugh this doesn't seem good".My instincts were right!

Around the Network

Destiny was on the same level as Titanfall for me, played it a few months and dropped it like a sack of rocks after those few months, both games were average imo.

Although I'm sure he's defending Destiny because he knows his game is going to get not so stellar reviews (to put it nicely, granted Destiny and Titanfall scored vastly better than the order has )

mymuro said:
Burek said:

What do you think now?

Guess I was correct.

GTAexpert said:
Burek said:

Atleast have a knowledge of the developers previous games' reception before making such a comment.

Well, it seems that previous games' reception is irrelevant.

Be warned, guys. IIRC there was something on the new rules about necro-bumping threads. That said reviewers appreciated the art und scope of The Order, it just doesn't make it a better game.

walsufnir said:
Be warned, guys. IIRC there was something on the new rules about necro-bumping threads. That said reviewers appreciated the art und scope of The Order, it just doesn't make it a better game.

This scope?