By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Dev Defends Bungie's Destiny: "Review Score Under 8 Is Ludicrous, Deserves More Just For Scope And Art"

green_sky said:
bananaking21 said: fun? baby that dont matter. whats that score at the end of that article? thats what matters. 

It is pick and choose kind of mentality though. When Uncharted's, GTA's and Last of Us, Mario Galaxies, etc get big scores, multiple threads are made for that ordeal. If someone shows skepticism, metacritic and review scores are brought up to shut them up and further mocked. Now a big game gets bad scores and the fun factor is being brought up by many. I respect and am happy that they are enjoying a game despite the popular opinion. It would just be better if we as collective group show more consistency and be less hypocritical. 

Ignore the reviews and ignore the hype too. If not those, just ignore the previews atleast. More time is spent riding the hype wave than it takes to beat most of those video games when they eventually come out. 

i agree. that happens a lot. i said it a million times before, when a game your hyped for gets good reviews its always awesome. but i been believing with time that these reviews are getting more and more meaningless. sadly the effect of reviews on the industry is becoming much stronger, and people are looking at a score rather than the games them selfs when deciding what to buy. 

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:
Games fun - I'm enjoying it. 10/10 for gunplay & movement, exactly how it should be.
Story is kinda useless, I mean I dont understand a single thing that is going on.
Peter Dinklage's voice acting is.. well... shit.
Everything else I like. Playing with friends never gets boring, i've been craving a solid coop experience for a while now and this is it.

Same here, I like it very much. The story is very thin, but maybe with the DLC's it could get much better and interesting etc. But PvP is fantastic and the Strike missions is also superb!!

I don't care for the reviews, Destiny is a blast to play, especially the new Strike missions they just added and i'll soon be ready to dip into Raids.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

bananaking21 said:
green_sky said:
bananaking21 said: fun? baby that dont matter. whats that score at the end of that article? thats what matters. 

It is pick and choose kind of mentality though. When Uncharted's, GTA's and Last of Us, Mario Galaxies, etc get big scores, multiple threads are made for that ordeal. If someone shows skepticism, metacritic and review scores are brought up to shut them up and further mocked. Now a big game gets bad scores and the fun factor is being brought up by many. I respect and am happy that they are enjoying a game despite the popular opinion. It would just be better if we as collective group show more consistency and be less hypocritical.

Ignore the reviews and ignore the hype too. If not those, just ignore the previews atleast. More time is spent riding the hype wave than it takes to beat most of those video games when they eventually come out.

i agree. that happens a lot. i said it a million times before, when a game your hyped for gets good reviews its always awesome. but i been believing with time that these reviews are getting more and more meaningless. sadly the effect of reviews on the industry is becoming much stronger, and people are looking at a score rather than the games them selfs when deciding what to buy.

Did Destiny not just launch with the biggest opening in sales ever?  Where is the effect of the reviews on that?  Reviews are just becoming less important and games are getting sold based on hype not on quality.

I give it a 8.3. I agree

Love it when friends pop in unannounced and start attacking me.

Around the Network
Burek said:

That guy on GAF was correct.
If Destiny is barely managing to cling onto 75 meta, given the amount of negativity following The Order throughout the months, it is dangerously approaching Knack territory.

Atleast have a knowledge of the developers previous games' reception before making such a comment.

GTAexpert said:
Burek said:

If Destiny is barely managing to cling onto 75 meta, given the amount of negativity following The Order throughout the months, it is dangerously approaching Knack territory.

Atleast have a knowledge of the developers previous games' reception before making such a comment.

I think you misunderstood my post, but whatever... 

Burek said:
GTAexpert said:
Burek said:

I think you misunderstood my post, but whatever... 

Uh, your post could only mean one thing obviously.

GTAexpert said:

Uh, your post could only mean one thing obviously.

Interpret it any way it pleases you...

GamechaserBE said:
bananaking21 said:
green_sky said:

Did Destiny not just launch with the biggest opening in sales ever?  Where is the effect of the reviews on that?  Reviews are just becoming less important and games are getting sold based on hype not on quality.

That's a bit of flawed logic. The game couldn't be reviewed till after it came out. So any person who could of been swayed, wouldn't have.