By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Anita Sarkeesian fabricate the death threats made against her on twitter?

CDiablo said:
Madword said:
Hopefully we can get back on discussion point now... I mean hardly anyone has discussed the original thread, if the post from the police is true, what does this mean? They have found no evidence...? or was the email from the police a fraud/lie....

Well it seems that folks have found out that she never contacted police for these matters and thus likely wasn't run out of her house as was originally told by her. I don't know about fabrication but she certainly embellished the seriousness of the threats.

“I’ve just another conversation with SFPD. They say they are aware that the Sarkeesian case is being dealt with by the FBI. They don’t have records of calls made in August, which may or may not be because the case was handed off to federal agencies. I’ll follow up with the FBI later, but, irrespective of the merits of her complaints, Anita Sarkeesian is indeed dealing with the FBI.

This is the only thing in the thread I can find that says anything close - and it says she is dealing with the FBI.

So.... how do you go from 'working with the FBI' to 'embellished the seriousness' - let me be frank - dealing with the FBI is about 8 points up (on a scale from 1 to 10) on the serious meter (and that goes from 1 (someone stole my lunch money) to 10 (Welcome to your new Federal Jail Cell)).

Around the Network
Ckorik said:

Should I make fun of you for the word ethnical?  I'm unsure if you are looking for my ethical background of my ethnicity.  If we are being picky about spelling anyway.  If you are really that interested - my question back to you is *why* is that really important for this particular topic - while I admit I think the videos she produces are interesting - I have yet to see where being critical of art in any form makes for political ramifications.

I am serious about the kickstarter also - at no point ever in this history of our great nation, would someone who is handed 10 dollars be labeled a thief.  It may be stupid - but it's not robbery. 

"If we are being picky about spelling anyway"

Congratulations - wrong again:

Definition of ETHNICAL

:  ethnic
:  of or relating to ethnology :  ethnologic

"I am serious about the kickstarter also - at no point ever in this history of our great nation, would someone who is handed 10 dollars be labeled a thief.  It may be stupid - but it's not robbery. "

$160 000. Almost HALF what Obama, the president of the wealthiest nation on earth earns per year. 

Just let it go. We disagree because I think you can't string a proper argument together. Let's leave it at that. I think she's cashing in on liberalism mindset whilst contributing nothing to anyone's life. Moreover, I think your ethos has far reaching political implications - least of which is currently felt in EU and US. I disagree with you wholeheartedly - and you poor logic hasn't made it easier. Let's leave it at that.

Richard_Feynman said:
o_O.Q said:

i'm not saying you shouldn't call her actions into question

but you went further you started your comment with an attack on feminism as a whole

"I implore everyone to stop supporting feminists."

and i suppose that's what leads to guys like champy harping on about women not being respected when really all i'm doing is pointing out that they are aspects to this case that seem a bit odd

Anti feminist does not mean that I don't respect women!

That's exactly the idea that needs to be slain.

fair enough 

Ckorik said:

I have to ask - in what context is me logging into kickstarter - clicking 'I support this' - entering an amount of money to give someone - and clicking go - then *waiting* for the month the kickstarter takes for the money to be taken - again in what context does any of that have to do with taxes or the government?

Isn't me ... myself.... no one else... spending money on something I choose... isn't that the definition of a free market?  Or am I mistaken in that I get to spend money on what I choose?

THE FREEMARKET IS BASED ON SERVICES.

This is ideological money-grabbing.

Stop defending yourself for supporting this scam.

Ckorik said:
CDiablo said:
Madword said:
Hopefully we can get back on discussion point now... I mean hardly anyone has discussed the original thread, if the post from the police is true, what does this mean? They have found no evidence...? or was the email from the police a fraud/lie....

Well it seems that folks have found out that she never contacted police for these matters and thus likely wasn't run out of her house as was originally told by her. I don't know about fabrication but she certainly embellished the seriousness of the threats.

“I’ve just another conversation with SFPD. They say they are aware that the Sarkeesian case is being dealt with by the FBI. They don’t have records of calls made in August, which may or may not be because the case was handed off to federal agencies. I’ll follow up with the FBI later, but, irrespective of the merits of her complaints, Anita Sarkeesian is indeed dealing with the FBI.

This is the only thing in the thread I can find that says anything close - and it says she is dealing with the FBI.

So.... how do you go from 'working with the FBI' to 'embellished the seriousness' - let me be frank - dealing with the FBI is about 8 points up (on a scale from 1 to 10) on the serious meter (and that goes from 1 (someone stole my lunch money) to 10 (Welcome to your new Federal Jail Cell)).

Yeah messing with police is one thing, messing with FBI, well thats another thing.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Richard_Feynman said:
o_O.Q said:

i'm not saying you shouldn't call her actions into question

but you went further you started your comment with an attack on feminism as a whole

"I implore everyone to stop supporting feminists."

and i suppose that's what leads to guys like champy harping on about women not being respected when really all i'm doing is pointing out that they are aspects to this case that seem a bit odd

Anti feminist does not mean that I don't respect women!

That's exactly the idea that needs to be slain.

fair enough 

THANKS!

Now that's the kind of liberalism I actually appreciate :)

Richard_Feynman said:

$160 000. Almost HALF what Obama, the president of the wealthiest nation on earth earns per year. 

barely more than a toll booth operator.

http://nation.foxnews.com/new-york/2011/12/14/ny-toll-booth-worker-makes-100000

Hardly a big deal.  And not serious money.

Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:

I have to ask - in what context is me logging into kickstarter - clicking 'I support this' - entering an amount of money to give someone - and clicking go - then *waiting* for the month the kickstarter takes for the money to be taken - again in what context does any of that have to do with taxes or the government?

Isn't me ... myself.... no one else... spending money on something I choose... isn't that the definition of a free market?  Or am I mistaken in that I get to spend money on what I choose?

THE FREEMARKET IS BASED ON SERVICES.

This is ideological money-grabbing.

Stop defending yourself for supporting this scam.

Are you now a police on what services are allowed?

If someone *wants* to pay her for a service and she does it - it's still wrong because it offends you?

THAT IS NOT FREEMAKRET - that's regulation.

Stop confusing what you are saying with real libertarianism.

Ckorik said:
Richard_Feynman said:

barely more than a toll booth operator.

http://nation.foxnews.com/new-york/2011/12/14/ny-toll-booth-worker-makes-100000

Hardly a big deal.  And not serious money.

BS BS BS BS BS BS

$100 000 no a lot of money!?

WHAT WORLD ARE YOU LIVING IN!?

People would KILL for that money in most parts of the world. People are FLOODING into the US and EU for that money. And it won't last forever.

That's a WHOLE YEAR'S money you fool.  And that article is SO out of disputable. What's the minimum wage? Multiply by 8 then 5 then 4 then 12. need some math lessons?

Actually, just leave me alone.

EDIT:

Let me help you with your troubled brain:

(from article)

"Port Authority toll collectors not only grab your money at New York-New Jersey crossings, they’re now pulling down stunning six-figure salaries funded by the levies you pay at bridges and tunnels."

LOOK AT THE UNDERLINED PART FROM YOUR ARTICLE. 

Stop apologizing for her. It's pathetic.

ANd seriously, leave me alone. Anyone worth his salt has seen straight through you by now.

famousringo said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:

Last I heard this was a free country where people could give their money to anyone without being attacked for their reasons - go back to Russia where they tell you what you can spend your cash on.

Terrible.

Does that mean that a pyramid scheme is legal? Have you read the terms and conditions of kickstarter? I have. Can you tell me why she needs funds for making her videos?

You fail at making your point.

You may be too naive to realize this, but researcher, writer, narrator, and video editor are all real jobs that people actually get paid to do.

Well, they were, until your New World Order declared it illegal to earn money from making videos.

Don't forget to thank them for their tremendous economic contribution.

/sarcasm

i.e. my point still stands.

unwavering.

"Well, they were, until your New World Order declared it illegal to earn money from making videos."

People drink WATER and eat FOOD and use ELECTRICITY and electrical APPLIANCES. Maybe they should've made a better career choice.