Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Anita Sarkeesian fabricate the death threats made against her on twitter?

She is a professional victim/con artist it would not be unbelivable if she fake it



Around the Network
badgenome said:
MikeRox said:

I certainly wouldn't say there is no issue at all with the portraital of women in video games. Some games are even outright offensive to me.

I have a hard time believing this considering how active you are in the Vita thread!

But it is true that internet discussion or any "conversation" in mass media generally generally is quite futile as everything is instantly about tribal loyalties rather than logical debate.


Yep and look at the main games I talk about for it :p Just because you import all the hentai. I'm happy with the indies and Milestone releases :D



RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:
setsunatenshi said:
 


you can quit the patronizing attitude. no one is criticizing that snake oil salesman because she is a woman. the criticism comes directly fromt he fact she conned people out of 100's of thousands of dollars to make a handful of videos on youtube accusing games of creating sexism while having absolutely NO FACTS OR STUDIES to back up her claims.

Well this is a lie - she started a kickstarter - got backers who volunteered money into a system that says 'YOU ARE NOT GARUNTEED A PRODUCT FOR YOUR MONEY' in big neon letters when you sign in - and was funded. 

It wasn't that much money - and she's producing the video series she promised on top of that.  Kickstarter even lets you remove your pledge up to the very last second of the campaign for any reason.

She didn't 'con' anyone - in fact if nothing else potato salad guy shows us people will give money to anything.


BS.

That's blatant robbery. You get NOTHING from supporting her except making yourself feel good for being liberal.

You apparently need to learn what robbery is again, because that's nothing of the sort.  You get nothing from attacking her except making yourself feel good for being a communist. 

Apologies to real communists.

You are clearly unaware of political terminologies.

If I have to choose a desegnation, and my previous post would show it to be true, then I would be a right-wing capatalist.

Try harder next time - once you've got the nomenclature down.


You seem hell bent on using political words to define poeple - based on what you know of me and calling names - and what I know of you - you are a communist. 

You spew political propoganda to attempt to silence someone in a discussion that has nothing to do with politics - the halmark of a pinko communist.

I suppose you could be a facist - or both really.  I could be jumping the gun - but if we can throw lables around after one post I don't feel the need to be very accurate.



Ckorik said:

So Kickstarter is a pyramid scheme enabler?  Better call the feds!  Sorry I got lost there for a second in the unrelated and nonsensical comment.


Potato salad guy got tens of thousands of dollars to make a potato salad - it was funded and paid - you fail to make your point.


1. No. You simply didn't understand my point regarding legality.

2. Potato salad guy is indeed a thief. Anyone who can apply his mind to the matter will know for certain that only devious means could attract those funds.

And regarding your previous "apologies to real communist" comment: No one should ever apologize to any communist. That ideology has been, literally, the worst thing that human culture has experienced. But I don't expect you to know the facts.

Now scoot on off to your little utopia of liberalist values where everyone smiles and dances and has a great time. We don't have time for you in the real world. 



champybh said:

Madworld - 

What I'm trying to say (more politely) is that ... I feel the people who are obsessively investigating these claims are coming from a place of disrespect. They want very badly for it to be true so they can justify their opinion that women gamers don't have a place in "our world". I've formed this opinion by reading the overwhelming reactions all her videos inspire. It made me wonder why this topic drives everyone so insane - and i see no other reason other than that it's because it's coming from a women's voice. 

While I'm the opinion minority in this forum thread, many game developers agree with with this - and that there is in fact an issue. She's doing a good thing for the video game industry, she's getting the people who create games to think twice before they choose the predictable choice. Don't we all want more unique ideas in the games that we play? 

You give me so much hope! The fact that some people on here legitmately think she's going to ruin the industry is a terrifying, how much perspective have they lost to make such ridiculous statements. She is a person with opinions on female characters and an audience with whom she shares them. People should be disecting her arguements, but most posts regarding her are personal attacks, pointless claims that she isn't a real gamer, or ones like this OP which demonstrates people putting unreasnabe effort into trying to discredit very resonable claims. We all know how the internet is and at the very least we know she gets a ton of unwarranted abuse.



Around the Network

lol you think some retards on the web are not capable of making death threats? she keeps getting hate since day one.



 

Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:

So Kickstarter is a pyramid scheme enabler?  Better call the feds!  Sorry I got lost there for a second in the unrelated and nonsensical comment.


Potato salad guy got tens of thousands of dollars to make a potato salad - it was funded and paid - you fail to make your point.


1. No. You simply didn't understand my point regarding legality.

2. Potato salad guy is indeed a thief. Anyone who can apply his mind to the matter will know for certain that only devious means could attract those funds.

And regarding your previous "apologies to real communist" comment: No one should ever apologize to any communist. That ideology has been, literally, the worst thing that human culture has experienced. But I don't expect you to know the facts.

Now scoot on off to your little utopia of liberalist values where everyone smiles and dances and has a great time. We don't have time for you in the real world. 


Again you need to learn what a thief is - *lesson* it's not someone who is given money from someone else of their own free will.

 

No go back off to your iron curtain where you can tell people what they can and can't do with their money - and call people who take money given to them (without productive value) thieves. 

What was it communists were against again?  Oh that's right - that someone could get money without being productive to society - no wonder you remind me of a communist.



Ckorik said:

You seem hell bent on using political words to define poeple - based on what you know of me and calling names - and what I know of you - you are a communist. 

You spew political propoganda to attempt to silence someone in a discussion that has nothing to do with politics - the halmark of a pinko communist.

I suppose you could be a facist - or both really.  I could be jumping the gun - but if we can throw lables around after one post I don't feel the need to be very accurate.


Nothing to respond to here. Just blah blah.

Although, some would say that calling another a fascist (not the proper spelling) is as bad as calling them by a discriminatory term. You have represented yourself poorly in all of our dealings. It is not my fault that I have a proper understanding of "political words". You, however, have no idea what communism means.

Communism is the death of the Western spirit. I hate it wholeheartedly. Any suggestion that I subscribe to such an ideal is fraught with lunacy. Nevertheless, I was ignorant once, and will forgive you.

May I ask your ethnical/political background? I won't namecall you on any of it. I'm earnestly just looking for perspective.



Richard_Feynman said:
I implore everyone to stop supporting feminists.

Why?

There are college courses that my tax money is funding - Professors, scholarships... "research"... etc.

There are SO many problems in this world right now. And there is SO much economic stress. And then, when you actually confront these so-called academics who are contributing NOTHING to the economy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTOFXLl7eh4

And I do mean nothing. Humans need food, water, electricity... engineers, laborers... suppliers of SOMETHING tangible. These people are sucking you dry and you don't even know it.

A feminist is someone with daddy issues.

What do I mean by that? They have never experienced a strong male figure in their life. They have issues. Like most of us sure, but the difference is that they are sucking the economy dry and not contributing anything.


that is not the point of this thread

if you want to denounce feminism please make a new thread on that topic



Ckorik said:
Richard_Feynman said:
Ckorik said:

So Kickstarter is a pyramid scheme enabler?  Better call the feds!  Sorry I got lost there for a second in the unrelated and nonsensical comment.


Potato salad guy got tens of thousands of dollars to make a potato salad - it was funded and paid - you fail to make your point.


1. No. You simply didn't understand my point regarding legality.

2. Potato salad guy is indeed a thief. Anyone who can apply his mind to the matter will know for certain that only devious means could attract those funds.

And regarding your previous "apologies to real communist" comment: No one should ever apologize to any communist. That ideology has been, literally, the worst thing that human culture has experienced. But I don't expect you to know the facts.

Now scoot on off to your little utopia of liberalist values where everyone smiles and dances and has a great time. We don't have time for you in the real world. 


Again you need to learn what a thief is - *lesson* it's not someone who is given money from someone else of their own free will.

 

No go back off to your iron curtain where you can tell people what they can and can't do with their money - and call people who take money given to them (without productive value) thieves. 

What was it communists were against again?  Oh that's right - that someone could get money without being productive to society - no wonder you remind me of a communist.

Do you think I'm willingly giving my money to people on social wellfare?

Do you think I'm willingly giving my money to hospital illegal immigrants?

Do you think I'm willingly paying for refugees from Northern Africa? Their savage social order causes them all to want to take-take-take from the west while I have to pay-pay-pay for them.

You think I support Obamacare?

I have no choice. Don't think I have true capatilism in the US.

I vote FREEMARKET.

Unfortunately the fools couldn't find the wisdom to vote for Ron Paul.

But hey, keep calling me a communist. It's quite comedic.