By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After GTA V, How excited are you for a new Red Dead game ?

GTA V is such an improvement over GTA IV and RDR that it makes me wonder how amazing a new RD game can be.    Remembering that this jump in quality happened in five years (2008 to 2013) and now Rockstar can deal with more the more powerful hardware of PS4/Xbone.

I believe fans have a lot of reasons to be excited.

Around the Network

right after RDR i couldnt wait for a new Read Dead game. i LOVED RDR and its my game of the generation last gen. i was disappointed that rockstars game that was gonna release before march next year turned out to be GTA5 next gen. i was hoping for it to be RDR. cant fucking wait, with next gen power think of the possibilities.

I would love to see a new Read Dead game happen! Redemption was an awesome game ( much better than both GTA IV and GTA V if you ask me) and it's certainly one of my favorite games of the 7th gen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Didn't even get around to finishing RDR. It was OK. Somewhat fun, but the story itself was boring, and the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me going. So I'll probably give the next RD a miss even if it gets rave reviews.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Didn't even get around to finishing RDR. It was OK. Somewhat fun, but the story itself was boring, and the gameplay wasn't enough to keep me going. So I'll probably give the next RD a miss even if it gets rave reviews.

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the story myself and the ending wasn't as mindblowing as many people play it up to be.  They need to make the skinning animation skippable in the sequel cause that shit gets REALLY annoying lol but other than that I think the gameplay was great.  The story did get repititive.  Evil and/or crazy guy talks for awhile, Marston asks them to clarify, guy says he'll pay Marston back, Marston says that they better be truthful and helps them.  Wash, rinse, repeat until they finally pay you back during their last mission.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I loved RDR... great game. So will buy the next one without a doubt.

Are we sure this is the next game though? Rumours of Agent and/or Bully being next.

I would expect their next game to come out in may next year though. After November and GTAV advertising we probably will start hearing about it in January.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I see RDR as the most ambitious Rockstar game. I didn't like it too much, the the world they created was outstanding. If they work on the core mechanics and story a little better, I'm all for another Red Dead game.

I never got to play it, it was console exclusive :(

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I really enjoyed RDR but the story was really over for me. Marston senior was the draw. The era was quickly coming to an end as well. I'd love something set during the civil war.

A new read dead would result in me having multiple orgasms.