By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 90% of people on official Tomb Raider forum say they won't buy on Xbox One

Will you buy Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One?

Yes I'd buy on Xbox One 119 16.04%

I'd buy it on PS4 325 43.80%

I'd buy it on PC 60 8.09%

I won't buy it to teach them a lesson 110 14.82%

I was never interested in... 128 17.25%

Total:742

If you get the game there is almost no point in participating. Like going to Amazon and giving somehing 5 stars because it was actually good.

If you are a PS3/4 user that is angry because you dont get it you probably will. People that are angry about a broken product also go to Amazon and say "1 star but If I could I would give 0".

So this shows nothing other than who cares more about participating in a poll. Has nothing to do with real world things at all.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
They're most likely not going to buy this in protest of the possible repercussions should this be a success.

If this plan succeeds (and it damn has achieved one of its goals for keeping a "big" game off PS4) fully, we can see big multiplats get moneyhatted and go exclusive to XBOne.

Microsoft is losing. There will be more moneyhatting regardless of sales.

Fair enough. More money hatting is bad for the industry at large and gives your platforms lots of negative press, hmm?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I would buy it on the ps4 at a reduced price. Not that interested tbh. I still got the original to play through.

I have a PS4, never intend to buy an XB1.

I think the last game in the Thomb Raider series was ppular enough to gather a good group of followers, now most people on these forums expect it to come out on PS4/PC at the very worst a year later, maybe only a few months down the line, it will probably include the DLC that was created up to that point... so if you ask them now, they will say "no" on principle, for sure.

Now, if the game come out and somehow it's really really nice and Uncharted 4 does badly, I would say a good number of people will buy the XB1 for it.... and many people who did not follow much will just see it at the store, remember hearing it was great and they will get it for a new console or if they still have a 360 they may get it on the old console, after all it's cross gen.

Now the cross gen point, I think that like all cross gen titles it will look somewhat simple compared to the PS4 exclusives, so in the end it will be just another XB1 game, nothing to blow the socks off of someone who has seen a PS4 or a decent gaming PC in action.

So yeah, I will wait for a PS4 version, I have no interest in the XB1 so far and I cannot see how it could change.

Last time I cared about TR was on PC and PS1 back in the 90s. I wouldn't be interested on any system. The fact that it's XB1 makes it even less appealing than the zero percent I previously gave it.

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft is losing. There will be more moneyhatting regardless of sales.

Fair enough. More money hatting is bad for the industry at large and gives your platforms lots of negative press, hmm?

I have both consoles. Luckily I wont be getting screwed by MS, but I am not buying Tomb Raider before Uncharted, thats for sure. MS naturally attracts negative press this gen. Its like the plague for them.

shikamaru317 said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One saw a huge preorder spike when the exclusivity was announced (from about #4,000 to top 10 on Amazon), and even now, several weeks later, it's the 5th highest ranked 2015 Xbox One release on Amazon, only Arkham Knight, Halo 5, Mortal Kombat X, and Evolve are ranked higher, and 3 of those 4 release much earlier in the year than Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's ranked higher than Battlefield Hardline and Witcher 3 which release 3 quarters of a year sooner than it, as well as Quantum Break, which is expected to release in the 1st half of 2015. 

Wow, at rank #1,986 it must be raking in preorders at a blistering pace of 1 or 2 a day.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
Imaginedvl said:
Out of those 104 (who represents the whole forum community by your logic) 85 will not buy the Xbox One.
Sad for MS, they are going to lose those 85 sales... Pretty sure they can deal with it :)

dat logic

Because the poll is not at all representative of the other 6+ million who bought TR.

What you stated there was clearly meant as sarcasm, but it is actually the most accurate thing you've said in this thread.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Getting it for PS4. I don't even buy a Xbox for Halo. I'm happy just playing Halo 1 PC. If I can ignore other 6 Halo games. When I'm obsessed with Red VS Blue. Not buying Tomb Raider is a snap lol.

No offense, but if your sole reason for buying an Xbox One would be for Rise of the Tomb Raider, you'd have to either be an idiot or have extreme instant gratification syndrome. Because we already know it's a timed exclusive. It's probably coming to PS4 within 6 months of the One version. Watch it only be like 3 months or something.