By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2014 NPD Thread! PS4 - 190k, XBO - 160k, Wii U < 60k, PSV < 6k

Wow, even with exclusive Madden advertising and the massive NFL deal they had. Do bundles count? Because if they do that's even more hilarious.

EDIT: Ok doesn't include bundles. Still surprising though. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Mario Kart nowhere to be found.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

madden does not include bundles
tlou holding quite strong
MK8 :( good while it lasted

eFKac said:
Mario Kart nowhere to be found.

Not surprising as an exclusive a  few months after release.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Below are the PlayStation highlights from the August NPD report: 

· PlayStation 4 was #1 in hardware sales for the eighth consecutive month and remains the cumulative leader for next generation game consoles.

· PlayStation led the month for next generation software with Madden NFL 15 for PS4 taking the #1 spot for overall software sales.

· Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition and Madden NFL 15 had their strongest sales on PS4 and were the biggest third party releases of the month.

· The Last of Us Remastered continues to have strong momentum on PS4; it was the top selling first-party title in August.

· For the third consecutive month, PlayStation was #1 in combined home console hardware sales (PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3)

Around the Network

Madden selling better on PS4 is quite surprising with exclusive marketing for X1, so even there, there is a PS4 domination in popularity term

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

MS PR

“Xbox One sales are on a positive trajectory, nearly doubling sales in August in the U.S. compared to July due in part to strong demand for the Xbox One Madden NFL 15’bundle. The holiday season is upon us we’re looking forward to bringing the best value bundles, incredible offers like the ‘Buy a Console Get a Game Free’ promotion running now and more great games as we gear up for the launches of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Destiny, Grand Theft Auto V and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.”

PS4 was #1 again according to Sony.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Wow, X1 sales almost doubled!

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

mario kart overtracked? it in the top ten during all the weks of august on this site also top 2 twice yet doesn't show up here

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.