By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone Have Any Recommendations For Good Turn Based RPGs For Me?

Golden Sun for GBA.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Around the Network

If you have a Fat PS3 I highly recommend Dragon Quest 8.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Chrono Cross, Persona 2, any other SMT game, Arc the Lad, Fire Emblem, etc. You have many choices.

Poliwrathlord said:

I was wanting to play a turn based RPG and I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations.

I have Gamecube, N64, Wii, 3ds, Ds, Ps3, and XBox 360 so if you guys have anything to recommend I'll really appreciate it.

Gamecube : Paper mario, fire emblem ; same for Wii

N64 : Paper mario

3ds : Shin megami tensei 4, Etrian odyssey 4 (i don't add Bravery default, because it's overestimated)

Ds : Radiant Historia (!!) , valkyrie profile, 7th dragon, Etrian odyssey 3, luminous Arc 2, Mario and luigi : Bowser..

Ps3 : Valkyria chonicles, Atelier Esha/logy, Nikonuki, Disgaea 4...

Etrian Odyssey games DS/3DS
Pokemon games

Around the Network

based on what i have played:

DS = Dragon Quest series, Final fantasy Series, Chrono Trigger, Radiant Historia

3DS = Fire Emblem

360 = Lost Odyssey (2nd best JRPG for 7th gen in my opinion)

PS3 = Valkyria Chronicles, South Park, Ni no Kuni

Wii = Xenoblade (Best JRPG for 7th gen)

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

starcraft said:
VC as people already mentioned.

You'll struggle to find a copy, but Lost Odyssey was amazing on Xbox 360.

He lives in the US where its pretty easy to find a mind used copy for cheap of Lost Odyssey.  That is the game I also would recomend.

Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 6, Breath of Fire II ( You can download them from the Wii Virtual Console), the first 3 Paper Mario games, the Mario & Luigi games, Skies of Arcadia Legends and Lost Odyssey! Have fun!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Mario and Luigi RPG series.

Also, that game I'm planning to make in 10 years.

Bravely Default. Extremely good rpg.