By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you tired of the older generation of gamers feeling superior?

I agree. It's sad that some people are yearning so much for their yesteryears that everything back then then gets labeled as better.

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
I agree. It's sad that some people are yearning so much for their yesteryears that everything back then then gets labeled as better.

I believe you need to grab the OTHER end of that stick.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

The funny thing is that some of the ones complaining about the older generation judging them will one day do the same thing to those younger than themselves.

Ka-pi96 said:
Haven't really noticed all that many people doing that. Oh well, doesn't bother me. They can play their old games while I have loads of fun with new games that I've never played before

The old games will still be there for you, if things turn sour. The old industry was so great, before it became acceptable to lock chunks of a game away in order to get you to bust out your wallet again and again.

Unless there is a sudden and prolonged plague of benevolence, most of what is going on right now will be lost in IP hell before it even gets a chance to become abandonware.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

People are actually bothered by this? :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:

It's normal for young'uns to think they know best, but then they get their very own creaky knees, grey pubes and weak bladders, and all of a sudden they're berating their progeny for thinking zero-g skullfucking is the best thing ever while going on about how hermaphrodites were the coolest thing we had.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
AZWification said:

It's normal for young'uns to think they know best, but then they get their very own creaky knees, grey pubes and weak bladders, and all of a sudden they're berating their progeny for thinking zero-g skullfucking is the best thing ever while going on about how hermaphrodites were the coolest thing we had.

Uhhhhhh... Sure..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't really a see much what the OP says. Agree some of the stuff has been said like easier games.

I think the biggest problem for retro gamers is the direction gaming has gone.

Day one DLC, Day one patches, DRM (no more online on older versions of sports games therefore must update), shift to focus online too much rather then a good 1 player campaign.

Oh, you feel bad for it?

Its only natural that more experience leads to more knowledge and more skill. If you dont want to be left behind, you have to try and play those games. Its just like playing indie games today, but usually better.

Do not worry about them saying it meant something to finish games before. It just meant you wasted your time doing the same thing over and over and tipically not having fun. In that regard, its just nostalgia speaking. Its no different than finishing a hard game nowadays. The one thing that remained constant is the search for fun experiences. Dieing and repeating has neve been fun, but, learning has.

Also, the teens on that video arent typical gamers. If you did the same video in the 90's you would get similar results.

Rejecting an entire generation of modern games just because they're new does a disservice to all the great games made every year. But characterizing fans of older generation games as blinded by nostalgia is equally unacceptable.