By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you tired of the older generation of gamers feeling superior?

Psychotic said:

I just watched a Youtube video by Rich from ReviewTechUSA where he almost &#$@ himself because apparently today's teens can't play NES games very well. That's pretty dumb, but when you look at the comments...

Today's games hold your hand all the time!
Today's games are too easy!
Finishing a game used to mean something!
Today's gamers suck at gaming!
Mainstream games are made for toddlers!

...reminds me of my grandpa talking about how I dress or talk.

ARE YOU AS TIRED OF THESE ARROGANT A@#$%ES AND THEIR SUPERIORITY COMPLEX?

(I started gaming in 1996, so I'm not a complete newb either, but I don't look down on younger gamers for not enjoying the games I used to play back then, because I realize that's just nostalgia value and these game suck compared to today's games...)

That is simply not true, there are good games and sucky games regardless of what generation they are released.

Around the Network

Just ignore the relics. They'll be dead soon enough. >_>

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Older games are superior because you'll still be able to fucking play them ten years from now; something you won't be able to do with many games releasing now. T-Thanks, DRM. You finally fucked retrogaming in the arse, FOREVER.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Yeah, it's annoying how snobbish they are to the new generation or looks down on games like Minecraft which have gotten so many people and kids into gaming.

I did not understand the hostile reactions to that react video on YouTube, VGChartz and Facebook. People need to chill and get over themselves.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
highwayuni said:
Yeah, it's annoying how snobbish they are to the new generation or looks down on games like Minecraft which have gotten so many people and kids into gaming.

Ooh this reminds me of the hostility towards a certain rhombic console less than ten years ago.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Not all of us olds agree with all you wrote. I prefer games I have played as a man far more than those of my childhood. Because age does not create same opinions for very different people by any means.

I hit level 99 up hill, both ways, in snow, speed run, perfect health, no armor upgrade, and the only difficulty that existed was Contra.

2Ultra said:
I hit level 99 up hill, both ways, in snow, speed run, perfect health, no armor upgrade, and the only difficulty that existed was Contra.

Do you even Takeshi no Chousenjou

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

You young ones no nothing.. We had to actually read a manual made out of paper.. Nothing nowadays is harder then that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)