By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Mexico Comfirms Watch Dogs Wii U to launch Nov. 18(Update- Ubisoft comfirms Nov 18 NA, 21st Euro, and Dec 4 Japan)

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Not overall, but on Wii U, those games will most likely outsell Watch Dogs by a considerable amount.

of course they would, but isnt that the point

When Bayonetta outsells your game, you can't pull the "Nintendo gamers don't buy m-rated games" card. ;)

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
oniyide said:
oh please. They also have the right to NOT put the game on any console they want. Now what? and no Ubi didnt blame anyone for anything, they said certain games dont sell well on the system and THAT is a fact.

The problem is that they are already using their right to do it, and the lack of empathy of my fellow gamers is very worrisome, instead of getting worried and look for oportunities to find a middle ground they just dismiss the situation because they have the money to get a second or third console. So now the proposal is not to sell the Wii U as a main console but only as a secondary one, so what about those who can only afford one, which one do we recommend for them, a PS4 or X1? and taking into account that around 80% of the market are single console owners, all those sales are by default lost.

I don't like this situation, but at least I am doing everything I can, there is nothing else to do.

i wouldnt say "already" they tried the most out of all the publishers IMHO. Western and Japanese. I see where you are going but what do you want people to do? Not buy another console?  Lets be honest with ourselves. Ninty hasnt made or been seen as a main consoles since the SNES. They screwed themselves with the N64 when they decided they didnt really need 3rd party support...and the rest is history. Hell even with the Wii same thing since it missed damn near all the popular 3rd party games and got either crap versions of those and shovelware. Hasnt changed with WiiU and IMHO i dont think it will change anytime soon. 

Im not buying 80% of the market are single console owners. Show me a link. I would have believe that with PS2 since the sales were so high. But Wii has 100 mil and PS360 EACH have 80mil plus. You mean to tell me 80mil people dont have either PS3 or 360? Im not buying that, thats way too many soccer moms wanting to play Wii Sports and such and no its not Ninty fans otherwise Wii u would be doing way better

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Not overall, but on Wii U, those games will most likely outsell Watch Dogs by a considerable amount.

of course they would, but isnt that the point

When Bayonetta outsells your game, you can't pull the "Nintendo gamers don't buy m-rated games" card. ;)

Bayonetta hasnt released yet, lets not count our chickens before that hatch. Doesnt make Ubi wrong cause they made the statement when it was absolutely true.

oniyide said:

Bayonetta hasnt released yet, lets not count our chickens before that hatch.

You think Watch Dogs on Wii U has a shot at outselling Bayonetta 2?

oniyide said:

devalue how? being late? sure. but Ubi games release the same time across the board with the exception of WD.  not running as well? are the WIi U games broken to the point where they are unplayable? cause if that is not the case and i havent heard that it is, that is just another excuse to explain why the games sell like crap. Not like the PS360 versions run like dreams and they sell way better. DLC? give me a break. Lets stop that lie, the only DLC that really sells well is COD and even then only about 30% of people actually buy DLC hardly a game changer. 

Maybe its time to admit the demograph is just different and that is not something that can be changed over night or even over a couple of years.

AC4 ran like crap for the first month worse then last gen versions and SCBL had a broken online with some performance issues, guess what, that devalues what ever products they have coming as it's showing a consistently negative pattern and this was on top of how poorly recieved AC3 was. Add this to their double standard handling of Rayman and WD's it does nothing but devalue their products this is basic understanding of the consumer as it's like "Well they clearly don't care so why should we bother" and it shows as look at the responses to WD getting a release on almost any online board, Ubisoft's own handling of it is responsible for that.

That is the most garbage defence of mediocrity I've read in a while, in other words you can't find a good excuse for exmpting features and DLC as you know people are right so your stance is "well people don't buy them anyway" which is not only a lie otherwise companies wouldn't keep the DLC approach but a poor defence of the practice. It does nothing to counter that this is devaluation as why would someone want to buy a version missing out on features and DLC? Not too mention these games are released at full price, sorry your defence of it doesn't even hold.

Now look at what happens when a first party game is delayed, people aren't happy but because the consistency is more positive the reaction is different when a release date is given, the only main difference between the demographic on the U is that they're don't have mainstream only taste and won't just buy any old crap. This is why all these poor test games developers have released will never cut it, the people they're aiming for recognize how poor these attempts are and have long picked up on the type of consistency of developers.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It needs more than outsell Watch_dogs, it needs to get a ton more sales, if a first party game, with a second game included, in the middle of a holiday season, most likely with excellent reviews and with virtually no competition does not sell A LOT of units, we can conclude that "Nintendo gamers don't buy M-rated games", there is no better scenario posible and no third party will be able to reproduce it ever. The closest thing was ZombiU and it did not had the including a second game, published by Nintendo, or excellent reviews to its favor but it did had the exclusive at launch. Final result for ZombiU 700k, Bayonetta 2 needs at least 30% or 40% higher numbers, now that the install base is there.

Update on your bet... "When the Wii U version was delayed back in January it was the worst looking and harder to code for", I will let you know if more information arises.

flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:

It needs more than outsell Watch_dogs, it needs to get a ton more sales, if a first party game, with a second game included, in the middle of a holiday season, most likely with excellent reviews and with virtually no competition does not sell A LOT of units, we can conclude that "Nintendo gamers don't buy M-rated games", there is no better scenario posible and no third party will be able to reproduce it ever. The closest thing was ZombiU and it did not had the including a second game, published by Nintendo, or excellent reviews to its favor but it did had the exclusive at launch. Final result for ZombiU 700k, Bayonetta 2 needs at least 30% or 40% higher numbers, now that the install base is there.

Update on your bet... "When the Wii U version was delayed back in January it was the worst looking and harder to code for", I will let you know if more information arises.

"Virtually no competition"? It will likely be going up against SMASH BROS this holiday, one of the biggest games Wii U will ever get. 

And on the Wii multiple M-rated games crossed the million mark; COD3, World at War, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles...

Thanks for the update on WD. The Wii U being harder to code for is something I've been saying for a while, so it's nice to hear it from a dev.

curl-6 said:

"Virtually no competition"? It will likely be going up against SMASH BROS this holiday, one of the biggest games Wii U will ever get. 

And on the Wii multiple M-rated games crossed the million mark; COD3, World at War, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles...

Thanks for the update on WD. The Wii U being harder to code for is something I've been saying for a while, so it's nice to hear it from a dev.

Well, Bayo 2 is coming on october 24th, Smash will be out in november 21st? maybe later?, that is a full month of distance, if you add that Smash and Bayo 2 cannot be more different from a gameplay perspective... Yes I would say virtually no competition.

Wii had multiple M-rated games crossing over the million mark, but many of those were on well stablished franchises (CoD, RE that some may argue that are also casual) and on an install base of almost 100 million users, and even with those things to its favor the titles that made it past the million mark were few.

Since I live in Chicago I actually am interested in this game if for nothing more than to see what awful stereotypes French Canadians have of us.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:

Well, Bayo 2 is coming on october 24th, Smash will be out in november 21st? maybe later?, that is a full month of distance, if you add that Smash and Bayo 2 cannot be more different from a gameplay perspective... Yes I would say virtually no competition.

Wii had multiple M-rated games crossing over the million mark, but many of those were on well stablished franchises (CoD, RE that some may argue that are also casual) and on an install base of almost 100 million users, and even with those things to its favor the titles that made it past the million mark were few.

Games don't only compete with others in the same genre. Plenty of Wii U owners will be open to buying both, and if push comes to shove, Smash will win out because it has a vastly bigger fanbase.

And that still doesn't discount those M-rated Wii titles from existence. Nintendo gamers do buy M-rated games if they deem them desirable. Unfortunately, Watch Dogs is unlikely to be deemed desirable due to its delay and the widespread view that the game itself was overhyped.