By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Mexico Comfirms Watch Dogs Wii U to launch Nov. 18(Update- Ubisoft comfirms Nov 18 NA, 21st Euro, and Dec 4 Japan)

oniyide said:

no one said anything about Nintendo gamers. We are talking about WII U owners. 

In that case, M-rated ZombiU has a 10% attach rate, higher than Nintendo's own Tropical Freeze, a game from one of their major franchises.

Around the Network

I think Bayonetta 2 will do better than many predict.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be lucky to top a million; after all, Bayonetta 1 barely topped 2 million on an install base of 160 million PS3s and 360s. They are simply not mainstream games.

But the frequent predictions that it will be the next Wonderful 101 bomba are inaccurate.

Nintendo knew when they bagged this game that it would not be a multi-million seller and bring in a ton of cash on software sales; its purpose was to diversify their library.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

In that case, M-rated ZombiU has a 10% attach rate, higher than Nintendo's own Tropical Freeze, a game from one of their major franchises.

a launch game that was bundled, came out Way before TF and hasnt hit 1 mil yet? Terrbiel comparison, not only is it a bad comparsion you just made TF not look that good either.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

a launch game that was bundled, came out Way before TF and hasnt hit 1 mil yet? Terrbiel comparison, not only is it a bad comparsion you just made TF not look that good either.

My goal was not to make Tropical Freeze look good. It was a poorly chosen title and the sales reflect this.

You can't say Wii U owners don't buy M rated games when 10% of them own M-rated ZombiU.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

My goal was not to make Tropical Freeze look good. It was a poorly chosen title and the sales reflect this.

You can't say Wii U owners don't buy M rated games when 10% of them own M-rated ZombiU.

Why even bring it up then. didnt make your argument better in any way.

How about you stop using percents as they dont give any actual data. 10% with a terrible install base is nothing. Even then so what? you picked ONE game out of dozens that have been released, the game you picked was a launch game that WAS bundled and it still has about 700k sales. Thats not good no matter how you want to spin it.

Around the Network
oniyide said:

Why even bring it up then. didnt make your argument better in any way.

How about you stop using percents as they dont give any actual data. 10% with a terrible install base is nothing. Even then so what? you picked ONE game out of dozens that have been released, the game you picked was a launch game that WAS bundled and it still has about 700k sales. Thats not good no matter how you want to spin it.

Because it shows an M-rated game has sold more than even a major NIntendo franchise.

Let me break it down: "Wii U gamers don't buy M-rated games" is a factually incorrect statement when 10% of them own ZombiU, an M-rated game. You can't just pretend 10% of the install base doesn't exist.

That's like saying "PS4 gamers don't buy Need for Speed" despite 10% of PS4 owners having Need for Speed Rivals.

Totally random question, How will the release of GTA V on PS4 and X1 on the same date affect the sales of WD on Wii U? Will it make them worst as no one will be paying attention to it? will it make it better as anyone looking for something similar on Wii U will only have WD to buy? it will not affect them at all?

padib said:
I predict LT sales of 1, 1 month avatar control to anyone who disagrees.

Takers?

I don't understand your prediction, can you check your numbers?

flagstaad said:

Rayman was the best version, released at the same time, with extra content and great reviews, on a genre that Wii U users should like/love and the sales were just 360k, it is a disgrace and no matter how bad the game was handled the consumers ignored a great game with a lot of effort in it.

The problem with the effort-return is how disbalanced it is on the Wii U, they put less effort on those ports?, maybe but not too much less, yet they are getting only 10% of the sales compared to the other consoles in many cases even less.

You can have an opinion before buying, but how much it matters depends only if you are a paying customer or not, if you are just rambling about how bad is that the game was delayed and you are not going to buy it, will Ubisoft (or any other company) really care? are you a potential customer? all signs indicate that you are not and never will be, so they can just ignore you and that is what is happening with the third party support right now, they made an effort good, bad or incomplete but for the effort they put they did not got any positive feedback, just lackluster sales, not even decent sales, and I am betting that a few even lost a good amount of money supporting the console, and to add insult to injury many gamers only talk bad about those efforts.

If the effort made was 10% and the sales received were 10%, they could reach the "maybe the fault lies with us" conclution, but most likely the effort was 50-80% and the results was a mere 10%, then the clear conclution it that is not their fault, think about it... if you take a test, made a 70% effort and got a 10% grade, are you willing to conclude that it was your fault?, but if you make a 70% effort and get a 60%-70% grade, then you will conclude that making a 100% effort will result on a better grade. That is why a good result can conduct to better conclutions that a negative one like the one proposed of just not buying.

And we are just focusing on the publishers, imagine how the development studio will feel after working for years on a project, putting their best effort on it and returning to it after the delay, just to get bad words, insults and desinterest. Do you think that studio will be willing to work on another project for the console? I certantly would not, and will avoid the console at all costs.

hahahahaha. You're kidding, right? tell me you're kidding.

RAYMAN LEGENDS WAS DELAYED FOR 7 MONTHS ON WII U, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS READY. AND IT STILL MANAGED TO OUTSELL THE X360 VERSION AND ONLY SOLD A LITTLE LESS THAN THE PS3 VERSION. ON A 7 MILLION BASE VS 80 MILLION FOR EACH COMPETITOR. rayman legends sold AMAZINGLY on wii u. it will easily be 500k+ by january 2015.

Now stop defending ubisoft's shit.

curl-6 said:

I think Bayonetta 2 will do better than many predict.

Don't get me wrong, it'll be lucky to top a million; after all, Bayonetta 1 barely topped 2 million on an install base of 160 million PS3s and 360s. They are simply not mainstream games.

But the frequent predictions that it will be the next Wonderful 101 bomba are inaccurate.

Nintendo knew when they bagged this game that it would not be a multi-million seller and bring in a ton of cash on software sales; its purpose was to diversify their library.

It should easily cross 1 million. it's no longer a new ip. it has lot's of public awareness and hype. and Us pre orders are already crushing the original game.