By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft Mexico Comfirms Watch Dogs Wii U to launch Nov. 18(Update- Ubisoft comfirms Nov 18 NA, 21st Euro, and Dec 4 Japan)

I think Sony Girl is asking her relatives in Mexico to buy her 1. She's in Mexico right now.

Around the Network

SC: Blacklist has a stable framerate when you play the ghost or panther style, but it has problems when you play the assault style against multiple enemies.

AC4 has the worst framerate of all games that I played on Wii U (and it's the buggiest).

I was never interested in AC games, but I tried them to show support for third parties on Wii U... Damn... I played almost all Splinter Cell games and Blacklist is one of the best ones.

My prediction is that Bayonetta 2 will easily outsell all M-rated multiplats from Ubisoft on Wii U combined.

episteme said:

SC: Blacklist has a stable framerate when you play the ghost or panther style, but it has problems when you play the assault style against multiple enemies.

AC4 has the worst framerate of all games that I played on Wii U (and it's the buggiest).

I was never interested in AC games, but I tried them to show support for third parties on Wii U... Damn... I played almost all Splinter Cell games and Blacklist is one of the best ones.

My prediction is that Bayonetta 2 will easily outsell all M-rated multiplats from Ubisoft on Wii U combined.

@bolded 1: Maybe that is why I did not found any problems with the game, I did not played it on assault style

@bolded 2: Very bold prediction, I think you are forgetting about ZombiU, that alone is 700k, then you will have to add 200k from AC IV, 260k from AC III, and 70k from Splinter Cell, and you can add maybe 100k - 150k from Watch_dogs, for a total of... 1.355 million units (I took WD for 125k). And that is a very big number for Bayonetta 2 alone, I don't think it will reach that number, sadly.

mZuzek said:

ZombiU isn't multiplat.

True, my bad... then is not a bold prediction, is almost a fact, 635k unit... if Bayonetta 2 does not reach that number I will consider it a big flop and a very big financial mistake.

episteme said:

That isn't a very bold prediction, and that isn't necessarily very good for Bayonetta 2. It SHOULD be abvle to outsell them combined, otherwise it would be a huge failure.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

That isn't a very bold prediction, and that isn't necessarily very good for Bayonetta 2. It SHOULD be abvle to outsell them combined, otherwise it would be a huge failure.

I think anything bellow 700k would be a huge failure, anything bellow 1million a dissapointment, anything bellow 1.3 million a success but not encouraging, and anything above 1.5 million a huge success. Other thing that can make this game a success is its ability to move hardware, specially to a new kind of players.

I think it will be between 800k and 900k, so it will be a dissapointment, but they will recover the investment.

To not deviate 100% from the topic, I say sales for Watch_dogs can reach 250k (just between AC 3 and AC 4), taking the Ubisoft M-rated multiplat total to 780k, and putting Episteme's prediction at risk.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Bayonetta hasnt released yet, lets not count our chickens before that hatch.

You think Watch Dogs on Wii U has a shot at outselling Bayonetta 2?

oh no, im just saying lets not get ahead of ourselves lest you look foolish. Bayo 2 has a 2 month lead. anyone who wanted to play Watchdogs it was released on damn near every other platform so even Wii U owners who i imagine most have another system have already played it. I dont think either will do gangbusters.

curl-6 said:
flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:

"Virtually no competition"? It will likely be going up against SMASH BROS this holiday, one of the biggest games Wii U will ever get. 

And on the Wii multiple M-rated games crossed the million mark; COD3, World at War, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Resident Evil 4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles...

Thanks for the update on WD. The Wii U being harder to code for is something I've been saying for a while, so it's nice to hear it from a dev.

Well, Bayo 2 is coming on october 24th, Smash will be out in november 21st? maybe later?, that is a full month of distance, if you add that Smash and Bayo 2 cannot be more different from a gameplay perspective... Yes I would say virtually no competition.

Wii had multiple M-rated games crossing over the million mark, but many of those were on well stablished franchises (CoD, RE that some may argue that are also casual) and on an install base of almost 100 million users, and even with those things to its favor the titles that made it past the million mark were few.

Games don't only compete with others in the same genre. Plenty of Wii U owners will be open to buying both, and if push comes to shove, Smash will win out because it has a vastly bigger fanbase.

And that still doesn't discount those M-rated Wii titles from existence. Nintendo gamers do buy M-rated games if they deem them desirable. Unfortunately, Watch Dogs is unlikely to be deemed desirable due to its delay and the widespread view that the game itself was overhyped.

no one said anything about Nintendo gamers. We are talking about WII U owners. 

GTAexpert said:
episteme said:

Oh, it wasn't supposed to be a bold statement (therefore the "easily")...

I just wanted to say that the M-rating wasn't the reason that these games didn't (and Watch_Dogs won't) sell well on Wii U.

cycycychris said:

The current state of the Wii U. I feel like anything above 1 million is a huge success. Even though I doubt that will break even, but I don't really think the Wii U has a big enough crowd to make this game sell 1mil. Maybe they'll pick it up at christmas.

I think a game published by the platform holder like this one should be profitable if it sells more than 600k units, maybe a little more because of the packaged Bayo 1 port.

For Ubisoft the Watch_dogs port should break even at 180k units, I hope it can reach it. You never know now that GTA V is releasing the same day for PS4 and X1, some Wii U users will be looking at a similar game and the only option for the console is Watch_dogs.