By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple Reveals the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus with a 4.7inch and 5.5 inch screen!

Shadowfest3 said:
ethomaz said:
Shadowfest3 said:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4S and both have their pros and cons. The main reason I like the S4 is the larger screen. Now that Apple has fixed that issue with the 6 and 6 Plus then I might have to go back to the iPhone. How mand MP is the camera? Does anyone know?

8 MP.

Really, only an 8 MP camera?  I know their camera is really good but I would think they would continue to improve the quality with higher MP count.  

To be fair the megapixels don't tell you shit in such cases. You can have an 8MP camera that takes crappy pics due to other things being poor.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

ErwinMoC said:

You are brainwashed!!!

Nah I just like good products and not the mess it is Android's phones... instead of help in your tasks they just make it harder.

Come on, that's not true at all. After having the S4 for almost a year now I have to say it's really easy and yet customizable as your heart desires. For a tech guy like you saying it's too complicated I just say I don't believe it.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:

Come on, that's not true at all. After having the S4 for almost a year now I have to say it's really easy and yet customizable as your heart desires. For a tech guy like you saying it's too complicated I just say I don't believe it.

It is more complicated to get the things right... my girlfriend always ask me something to help to use his Xperia Z. But my biggest complain is how the OS is unstable, laggy and with a lot of bugs.

Ex? The brightness control of the Android... it stop to work from nothing and the screen get dark... so after some days it back to work and you can change... more days and it stop to work again but now it is all full light for minutes after works again lol.

This is ridiculous... the first time I guessed it was hardware (so I started to talk with Sony) but now I'm sure it is software (Android) and googling in the internet you will see this happens a lot... and people says "hard reset"... lol I have a phone that needs to have hard reset everytime? No, please.

It is only brightness control? Nope... the Wi Fi the same thing... ops... this time happened with the my sister-in-law with a Galasy Sx fater the Android update... did you know how to fix it? Well make a hard reset and stay it on for some hours until it works... lol WTF? Again bad software.

I can list more.. and to be fair I tried to install the Facebook to my mother in a nother Galaxy something last weekend... what a mess... it was really a painful task and after install the app needs close to 2 minutes to start with the cellphone freezing while that (the first two times I killed the app until I realize I needed to wait these dam 2 minutes)... it is unnaceptable to me.

Anedocatal but all my friends with Android (my brother have a S4 Mini) have some kind of complaint while my friends with iPhone? Rock solid experience, no laggy, working without never needs a hard reset.

That is the difference that I see between both Android... that without say how fast my 5S is compared even with the fastest Android in the market with close to 2x the CPU/GPU.

BTW for last my girlfrined was an iPhone's user and she broke it in a unrecorvery way... she changed because some Android's users near us even with a lot of issues said it was better, way better than iPhone... now she is facing after two months the Android's issues with her Xperia Z... last weekend instead to use his phone to take photos she started to use mine because she things it easy and don't get laggy to open and take the picture in the moment (we are in a pub with some frinds making drunk weird things and it was needs to take fast the pictures to make them embarrassed in the next day).

I already say his awnser but I won't ask here... "Are you want to back to iPhone?"

I have nothing against that like Android and have a wonderful phone without any issue but it is not may case... so anyboday saying the Android is so superior to iPhone when it is not get in my nerves :D in my opinion Android is still years behind iOS in terms of software developement and I don't see improvements at all because the issues never stop with each new update.

Android's experience is painful for any iOS's user because it fell a step back compared with what he is used to.

PS. I don't have a Windows Phone but my brother had one in the past (he changed for an Andorid because the GPS navigater buildin in his car only works with Andorid) and to be fair the interface feels better than Android... faster, smooth and solid.

PS2. You know... don't take too much in my opinion... if you are happy that is what is importand after all... I think the Android's high end phones are amazing in the hardware front... just I don't like the software and my experiences were always bad with it (think like that guy that you have a solid and smooth Android but when you show to him it will happen something... well that is me in relation to Android... a lot of friends tried to show the opposite and was ashamed because when they will show to me it won't worked like they tested before).

PS3. I'm a bit jelous with more variaties of screens of Android... please Apple make some iPhone 6 Mini.

Meh. Pretty yawn-inducing, imo. I don't get the hype for iPhones these days anymore.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Meh. Pretty yawn-inducing, imo. I don't get the hype for iPhones these days anymore.

You aren't alone.  EVERYTHING they showed has been available in other (Android) devices for a couple of years now.  Sure, it's a nice upgrade for users already owning iPhones...but there isn't anything here that would convince anyone to switch over either.

Around the Network

Your issues are probably related more to Sony's "skin" that runs on top of Android, rather than Android itself.  Root the phone and install a STOCK Android ROM (such as Cyanogenmod, there are others) and most of your issues will disappear!

jnemesh said:

Your issues are probably related more to Sony's "skin" that runs on top of Android, rather than Android itself.  Root the phone and install a STOCK Android ROM (such as Cyanogenmod, there are others) and most of your issues will disappear!

Sony, Sansumg, etc... it is not related to Sony's "skin" itself... if it is then I put that in one more Android issue... I don't need to root anything, I don't need to reinstall an OS, etc...

I need and deserve to buy a phone that the OS works like it is supposed to work.

looks like they caught up with samsung. i still prefer my galaxy.

famousringo said:
Shadowfest3 said:
ethomaz said:
Shadowfest3 said:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4S and both have their pros and cons. The main reason I like the S4 is the larger screen. Now that Apple has fixed that issue with the 6 and 6 Plus then I might have to go back to the iPhone. How mand MP is the camera? Does anyone know?

8 MP.

Really, only an 8 MP camera?  I know their camera is really good but I would think they would continue to improve the quality with higher MP count.  

No, they improve quality by increasing the accuracy of the sensor pixels. That gets you better photos without jacking up file size.

Honestly, there are so many ways to improve a camera beyond just pixel count that it might be even worse than the megahertz wars.

bananaking21 said:
that iwatch is useless. just like every other watch accessory ever made for a phone.

It seems like an essential accessory for the phablet crowd. Now they don't have to embarrass themselves whenever they try to answer their bigass phone.

Oh, okay.  I can see how that can work.  

ethomaz said:
jnemesh said:

Sony, Sansumg, etc... it is not related to Sony's "skin" itself... if it is then I put that in one more Android issue... I don't need to root anything, I don't need to reinstall an OS, etc...

I need and deserve to buy a phone that the OS works like it is supposed to work.

They make phones like that...usually listed as a "Nexus" phone or a "Google Play Edition".  Android by itself is stable, fast, reliable, and efficient.  But manufacturers like Samsung come along and make it a bloated, buggy mess by skinning it with their crap.