By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple Reveals the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus with a 4.7inch and 5.5 inch screen!

RCTjunkie said:
MohammadBadir said:

Do you have the regular version, the Windows version, or the Google Play Edition?

I have the Google Play Edition. It's really nice and surprisingly easy to download and use apps. I thought it would be a rough transition from an iPhone, but the process and stores are pretty much identical.

I'm not in the US so I don't know if I'll be able to get that.

Around the Network

I plan on upgrading from my iPhone 4S sometime in the near future. I'm going to deviate from Apple, and I think I'm going to try the new HTC One.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

RCTjunkie said:
MohammadBadir said:

Do you have the regular version, the Windows version, or the Google Play Edition?

I have the Google Play Edition. It's really nice and surprisingly easy to download and use apps. I thought it would be a rough transition from an iPhone, but the process and stores are pretty much identical.

Do you think it would be too big of a transition from the iphone 4S? I'm thinking about getting the M8 but I hope it's not too big. I think it will similar in size to what my iphone is with the otterbox on it, so it probably won't be that bad. 

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4S and both have their pros and cons. The main reason I like the S4 is the larger screen. Now that Apple has fixed that issue with the 6 and 6 Plus then I might have to go back to the iPhone. How mand MP is the camera? Does anyone know?

Shadowfest3 said:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4S and both have their pros and cons. The main reason I like the S4 is the larger screen. Now that Apple has fixed that issue with the 6 and 6 Plus then I might have to go back to the iPhone. How mand MP is the camera? Does anyone know?

8 MP.

Around the Network
RCTjunkie said:
MohammadBadir said:

Another bit of BS propaganda from the iPhone evangalists. Perhaps for people who are not used to, I dunno, surfing the web and navigating their way through different websites, esp. for buying things, there might be a bit of difficulty in becoming familiar with some things. But holy shit! if people with basic tech competence can't get used to a new OS within a day the problem is with them, not with any perceived complexity of the OS. I've always had Android, but at work the only smartphones on offer are iPhonbe (you have to be special to get an iPhone - I'm not special) and WP8. It took me no time at all to become familiar with WP8 and it is as different from Android as Android is different from iOS. I don't like WP8 as an interface at all, and I can say that after several months of daily use, but "Oooooooh! it's so hard to make the transition to a diferent OS!" is not an excuse. I just don't like the vibe of WP8. There might be something to the fact that the "smart"phone I had at work before my WP8 was a CrapBlackberry. Though again what was rubbish about the Blackberry was not complexity of the OS.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

mysticwolf said:

Do you think it would be too big of a transition from the iphone 4S? I'm thinking about getting the M8 but I hope it's not too big. I think it will similar in size to what my iphone is with the otterbox on it, so it probably won't be that bad. 

Depends on your hand size. My hand is larger than average (being 6' tall and such) so it welcomed the new size with open palms. It was very easy for me, but unless you're around the same height I can't exactly say what it'll be like for you.

ethomaz said:
Shadowfest3 said:

8 MP.

Really, only an 8 MP camera?  I know their camera is really good but I would think they would continue to improve the quality with higher MP count.  

Shadowfest3 said:

Really, only an 8 MP camera?  I know their camera is really good but I would think they would continue to improve the quality with higher MP count.

I don't see difference after 4MP unless I use zoom (most part is because I don't have a 4MP monitor)... you can impress a poster of your size with 8MP.

1080p is 2MP.

But of course... more is always better :D

If I was rich I would get the iPhone 6

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3