By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Tropical Freeze be Retro's lowest selling game to date?

Tagged games:

Will it be their lowest seller?

Yes 67 66.34%

No 34 33.66%

Total:101
Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
Vena said:

The ramped up difficulty spread a bad word for the game. Also the NGC was on its death bed at that point.

I think people have fear of the dark world. It's like a nightmare.

Limited ammo was my bigger gripe with the game. Felt distinctly un-Metroid, especially early on when you only had starter ammo for the Light and Dark beams.

Yeah, both the limited ammo and difficulty spikes turned me off. Still a good game, but my least favourite of Retro's to date.

Around the Network
Vena said:
curl-6 said:

Of their four prior games, the lowest lifetime seller is Metroid Prime 2 at 1.33 million.

Can Tropical Freeze top that, do you think?

It will outsell Prime 2 at least, and lifetime may start reaching Corruption. The game is almost always recommended along with the purchase of the WiiU and W101,  so I can see it doing a slow and steady climb to the end of time so long as stock is maintained. If we factor in digital its probably not that far from 1million at this point.

Corruption sold 1.77m, I don't have a lot of confidence Tropical Freeze will get that high myself.

Also, recommendation doesn't seem to be helping Wonderful 101 much, it's at about 240k sales after a year on the market.

If Nintendo made a "Frost Blue" Wii U with the game bundled, it could take MP2.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

curl-6 said:

Corruption sold 1.77m, I don't have a lot of confidence Tropical Freeze will get that high myself.

Also, recommendation doesn't seem to be helping Wonderful 101 much, it's at about 240k sales after a year on the market.

W101 is also out of print, and I doubt its even tracked anymore.