By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated Exclusives (MC): 8th Gen Updated

What will be the highest rated game of the year?

Bloodborne 73 47.40%

Halo 5 17 11.04%

Rise of The Tomb Raider 2 1.30%

Xenoblade Chronicles X 28 18.18%

Forza 6 1 0.65%

Splatoon 4 2.60%

Other 13 8.44%

See results. 15 9.74%

Total:153
celador said:
Mid 80s for FH2 I think. Looks like it's shaping up nicely and the demo impressions were good

I think a lot will come down to content. We already know from the demo it has the potential to get a great score, so all that's really left to be judged is the content. The amount, variety, quality of each piece etc.

I suppose it also depends on how many new ideas it brings to the table, but critics seems to flip flop a bit on when they do and don't decide to judge sequels in that respect.

Around the Network

I'm seeing fairly great previews for this game.
I expect at least a 90 or above for horizon 2.

I'm surprised PGR3 is rated that highly I like PGR4 the most its still the best racing game that has both real cars and motorcycles although Midnight Club; LA also did a pretty good job with integrating real motorcycles into the game but in that game both the motorcycles and cars don't handle as good as the vehicles in PGR4.

Chris Hu said:
I'm surprised PGR3 is rated that highly I like PGR4 the most its still the best racing game that has both real cars and motorcycles although Midnight Club; LA also did a pretty good job with integrating real motorcycles into the game but in that game both the motorcycles and cars don't handle as good as the vehicles in PGR4.

PGR is the arcade racer made by MS, yeah?

MGS 4 was a exclusive ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
MGS 4 was a exclusive ?

Yep ^^ It's currently only on the PS3, primarily because it's the only 7th gen console with Blu-Ray (thus the only console with disks large enough to hold it lol). The game isn't really long enough to justify being on multiple DVDs.

Unless Sony have some sort of deal with them (which seems unlikely; why make a deal for a game it's not practical to port for an entire generation?), i expect we will see MGS4 on the X1 eventually, likely as part of a collection. With the file size no longer an issue, and MGS5 on its way, there isn't really any reason no to.

roborad said:
I'm seeing fairly great previews for this game.
I expect at least a 90 or above for horizon 2.

I'd say its chances of a 90+ are fairly slim; critics have been pretty harsh on 8th gen titles thus far. Excluding remasters there has literally only been 1 8th gen home console exclusive to get a 90+ (3D World). Even including multi-platform/cross gen titles that number only increases to 2 (Rayman Legends).

Never know though, FH2 might pull it off.

Zekkyou said:
Chris Hu said:

PGR is the arcade racer made by MS, yeah?

Never played PGR3 but can't personally see it being better then PGR4 which had a better overall roster of cars and also had a good selection of motorcycles.  PGR2 was pretty good also its one of the best games on the original X-Box.

I'll leave the poll up for now (until i can think of a new one), but these were the results as of the first review coming in:

it is going to be 86-90