By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

Carl2291 said:
Nicklesbe said:

Also the fact that he dogpiled on me for simply putting pressure on him and trying to get the truth from him makes me trust my vote even more. 

If this is about your initial vote on me... Bullshit. I didnt "dogpile" on you, I questioned your reasoning and bandwagon tactic. I also answered all of your questions put forward.

No no no not even remotly I am refering to eric fabian. I pushed him to explain his vote, he lied and then jumped a vote train against me. I know you answered all of my questions, and for the record that vote on you was only to pressure you and get information out of you. Looking back at past experiance with my last game so far your play reminds me a lot of outlawAurons play in that game. So if anything I'll likely keep an eye on you but I definitly don't want to tunnel you, especially since I don't really have a good reason to. I do hope you will continue to offer your input and insights of course.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Nicklesbe said:

Also the fact that he dogpiled on me for simply putting pressure on him and trying to get the truth from him makes me trust my vote even more. 

If this is about your initial vote on me... Bullshit. I didnt "dogpile" on you, I questioned your reasoning and bandwagon tactic. I also answered all of your questions put forward.

That is a weirdly self centered reading, it's obvious he was talking about what went down with EricFabian yesterday. Seems like you are reading posts with a particular eye for things that might be meant to incriminate you personally rather than looking for general trends to help town. .... ......

Nicklesbe said:

How so by voting for you instead? As I said I trust his initial instincts and they worked this game well enough in desciding who the first person would be that I'd push for information with a vote. Based on experiance I don't know if I'd trust his third vote, worth keeping an eye on tho. Especially since I can't exactly trust yet whether or not he town. I'm also wating/hoping he will explain his reasoning for voting you. Will likely push for that. I have seen somethings I think mafia would use against you, but I don't know if it's indicitive of you being mafia or not. What I do know is what I've seen far and that is a blatant lie from someone and a vote for no logical purpose. So that's where my vote is going.

indeed it would make sense for you to follow his vote on me. His first vote was an obvious joke vote, the second vote not a serious vote either, just a 'TruckOSaurus is always scum so I vote him' vote, his vote on me is the first vote he has made that can be said to have at least some relation to the game (assuming here that he thinks something I said was one of the two mafia slips he thinks he's seen). The vote is followed by no explanation, no reasoning, not anything really. Doesn't get much more than an intuition vote than that?

^ nah

The original post you quoted was the one where he voted me, so I thought his other reply was also about that vote/ my reaction.

impertinence said:
Nicklesbe said:

How so by voting for you instead? As I said I trust his initial instincts and they worked this game well enough in desciding who the first person would be that I'd push for information with a vote. Based on experiance I don't know if I'd trust his third vote, worth keeping an eye on tho. Especially since I can't exactly trust yet whether or not he town. I'm also wating/hoping he will explain his reasoning for voting you. Will likely push for that. I have seen somethings I think mafia would use against you, but I don't know if it's indicitive of you being mafia or not. What I do know is what I've seen far and that is a blatant lie from someone and a vote for no logical purpose. So that's where my vote is going.

indeed it would make sense for you to follow his vote on me. His first vote was an obvious joke vote, the second vote not a serious vote either, just a 'TruckOSaurus is always scum so I vote him' vote, his vote on me is the first vote he has made that can be said to have at least some relation to the game (assuming here that he thinks something I said was one of the two mafia slips he thinks he's seen). The vote is followed by no explanation, no reasoning, not anything really. Doesn't get much more than an intuition vote than that?

What makes you think this vote is serious as well? Without reasoning or analysis who can say why he voted for you? It could be a pressure vote, it could be a ploy to see who bandwagons against you or to see who defends you. Until he says I'd rather not assume the intention. As I said I trust his initial instincts, but more so when it comes to the questions he asks. Last game his votes betrayed him more often than not, but really shined was his analysis, the questions he asked, how he examined everything and gave great reasoning for everything. Even when he was wrong, but especially when he was right. So far that has been completely absent which makes me worry that maybe he is not town, so perhaps I should question everything he does even more so. Granted I know he is busy in Japan so I will give him some leeway with that and hope that it changes in time.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
^ nah

The original post you quoted was the one where he voted me, so I thought his other reply was also about that vote/ my reaction.

I understand what you thought, it's still a very self centered read. It's not difficult to follow what he was really talking about but you focused on how this might relate to you, not how it relates to town. As an example, Nickles had no problem understanding that the vote for you had nothing to do with my post, he understood that it was in relation to profs latest vote and that I was refrencing his comments and nothing related to you and I had no problem understanding that he was referenicng EricFabians vote. You saw it as related to you, because you are looking for things that might point to you. To me this means you are either paranoid town (which I don't think is a good idea) or you have more sinister reasons for looking out for yourself. 

Nicklesbe said:

What makes you think this vote is serious as well? Without reasoning or analysis who can say why he voted for you? It could be a pressure vote, it could be a ploy to see who bandwagons against you or to see who defends you. Until he says I'd rather not assume the intention. As I said I trust his initial instincts, but more so when it comes to the questions he asks. Last game his votes betrayed him more often than not, but really shined was his analysis, the questions he asked, how he examined everything and gave great reasoning for everything. Even when he was wrong, but especially when he was right. So far that has been completely absent which makes me worry that maybe he is not town, so perhaps I should question everything he does even more so. Granted I know he is busy in Japan so I will give him some leeway with that and hope that it changes in time.

The reason why I think the vote is a 'real' vote is because it follows a post where he claimed to have found two mafia slips. It makes sese that he is trying to dig into these two players whomever they might be. 

No matter the reasoning (preasurre vote, serious scum read, deflecting from something, whatever) it's still a vote designed to do something. I see the two other votes as just fluff and joke votes. I don't know profs reasoning for voting me, no one does, but I see it as his first attempt to at least drive something. 

I'll post my opinions shortly. But suffice to say EricFabian's reasoning has been far from satisfactory and his vote seems rather cowardly.

Either way it's unlikely he's Mafia. Just a really detrimental townie.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

theprof00 said:
Oh by the way town. If you have a role you should go look it up on mafiascumwiki and check out the meta and how to play as that role. Dont be too obvious, but look up your role and mafiatheory for how to use it properly.
thanks in advance.

Oh by the way town, make prof work a little harder for his power role reads than listening to the quoted post too much. If you are town and you have a power role then read up on the role and how to use it during the night, do not try to play as your role during the day. That's just giving mafia scum reads on your role and hints on who they would want to kill first. 

If you think you have a power role or are not sure if you do or not, just ask WoW or Smeags in a PM. The flavor might mean that your role is called something different than what the role is calle din the mafia wiki, if you are uncertain just ask the mods. They will clear up any questions you might have.

Actually yes. I think I agree he may be a detrimental town.

Unvote Eric

Vote Nickles for now. I am quite suspicious of him, at least, the most after Eric's random vote against me..

I also can't wait for Night 1. The results should be interesting of what people say/reveal/lie about in day 2.