By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Starcraft Mafia - Game Thread - Concluded

theprof00 said:
padib said:
theprof00 said:

As a seasoned mafia player, I can verify to you that actions taken against players are almost never reported to the targeted player.
You should know. People were watched or tracked last game and other actions taken against them and most of the time nobody knew they were the targets of actions.

Trucks reported a blade attack and I reported an EMP attack. With Carl's help, I was able to identify it as a Ghost attack.

So you are saying that Trucks and I are lying then.

Once again, from the second post of the game:

If you are attacked and survive, you will be notified that you were attacked.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
theprof00 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I for one am upset of what your increased activity has brought. You went on pointless arguments with impertinence and padib. You're all over the place, you're needlessly condescending, you refuse to claim your unit or character, you're a major disruption for the Town.  

If you're Town (and that's a big IF at this point), you're playing awfully.

Don't think for a second that you're not one of my suspects trucks.
Padib, for the umpteenth time, is a confirmed third party who wins even if town loses. He is NOT town. You're mad that I'm arguing with a scum!? Seriously?

Impertinence and my discussion started fine. He doubted my role and the counterclaim and that's fine. I've written this several times now. He made claims that I saw as a slip, which was saying that Dark templars were vanilla scum. I then said he was suspicious and accused him of putting up arguments that were unfounded logically. I said "you accuse me of not having a name, but you have no reason to make that assumption. The information we have from players says that some power roles have names and some do not. He claimed that he was being logical. I countered that it was not, and went step by step to prove him wrong, using logical rules. He undermined me the whole time and then finally in the end admitted that he had a hidden axiom which he assumed for the sake of deduction; he left out people he considered to not be power roles, because they were modifiers. I countered again and said that commuter is not a modifier. His response was to come back, and say town was doing fine until I showed up (basically).

Do you have any more to add to your wild accusations?

I have nothing to hide so I don't give a damn if you suspect me. If you weren't so self-centered you'd have noticed that I spent a good chunk of the early Day questioning padib, but I did it in a constructive manner to get as much information as possible, you only push his buttons and you two end up bickering it gets old pretty fast and it isn't productive.

Your whole debate with impertinence was a battle over semantics and it was pointless.

You want me to add to my accussations? Fine.

You claimed a fake power "Smack Down" only to track back on it and rename it "Slap" because you were scared of your real power would look Zerg. First of all, neither of your powers makes sense as a way to detect people using cloaking devices. Second, why would "Slap" sound like a Zerg power? Zergs don't slap. Third, "Slap" doesn't fit in the StarCraft universe.

You refuse to give out your name because "you wanted a challenge". That doesn't fit with the guy who didn't want to claim his real power because he was scared it looked Zerg. If you wanted a challenge claiming a power that sounds Zerg sound be part of that, no? Also, not giving out your name after the claim is just you withholding useful information from the Town for no good reason, it's not a townie thing to do.

None of that sounds like a case at all. I'm sorry, it just doesn't.  I don't know what you're worked up about. Padib isn't just trying to get me lynched, he's openly going to kill me if he can. He's a third party and says I'm scum. Should I just ignore him?

The argument with impertinence wasn't semantics trucks. If someone comes in and says they suspect X for Y reason, then that reason better make sense, otherwise it's just active lurking! Why can't you see that?

Your next accusation is all meta, and then you add a suspicion to me because I'm not playing the claim everything game. Go ahead, you first. Be my guest. claim everything.

TruckOSaurus said:

Once again, from the second post of the game:

If you are attacked and survive, you will be notified that you were attacked.

My slap is not an attack, it's an ability. It does no damage. I know, it's a pretty pathetic slap, I agree.

Wright the Nuker? I thought it was Impertinance.

Regarding the case against theprof00, dont forget that on Day 1 he didnt know about the Terran win condition.

Zerg links adding up.

Around the Network

I vote for theprof00

I won't believe Padib until it happens.

anyway, time to finally get rid of someone.

I'd say we lynch someone else other than Wright or Prof tonight, to try and get another Zerg.
This would allow Padib to kill Wright, then later Prof, while during the later......town tries Eric or whoever of the enemy is mafia. This will only work if Padib is telling the truth...

What does town think?

spurgeonryan said:
I would like Imp to stop by, no need to rush the day. Wright as well. Imp seems to be able to out talk theprof when it comes to logic and Wright is the suspected nuker.

I wanna be sure I read correctly. Did you say you scanned prof and he came back as scum? Or are your suspicions on him based on your impressions from reading his posts?

Signature goes here!

Also, I'm in a Catch-22 right now. The only reason I stopped suspecting padib is because Wright cleared him but now padib says Wright is the Nuker which would mean I can't trust what he claimed, if I can't trust Wright, I can't trust padib either.

Signature goes here!

I'm fine with lynching wright today. seeing if padib can followthrough with his promise tonight and depending on various flips we have several options for tomorrow.

I still want Ryan to say more about what he knows and how becuase he's also tied to the flips and I don't want him to try backing out tomorrow.