By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What About A Nintendo + Microsoft Alliance

I actually like this idea for some reason

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

Somebody call those people who reported on the Nintendo Xbox and tell them that they're actually psychic.

Wii360.....History repeat itsellf X_X...

amak11 said:
Soundwave said:
amak11 said:
Since you did post this in my thread i don't think a partnership like this would work. Japanese and American business philosophies are completely different. It would be like if Honda teamed up with ford to release a car.

That's why Nintendo would have primary control of the gaming side of things. Which I think is OK even by MS as I don't think Nadella and the new board at MS really wants a hardware game division all that badly anyway. Nintendo would have to compromise on a few things, but a little compromise to regain a big control of the Western market I think in the end would be worth it.

Which if this was a possible, would be ideal if Nintendo was incharge of the entire gaming division at Microsoft (which includes hardware). I wouldn't want Nintendo compromise anything. I would want them to keep the mobile business and IPs entirely their own thing should Microsoft try anything shifty. 

Agreed. Nintendo obviously maintains 100% control of all their IP. I even added they have the ability to opt-out of a deal with MS after 5-6 years if they really don't like it. 

Mobile would be the same, Nintendo just agrees to use Windows OS + Cloud/online ... which I think ultimately is OK even for Nintendo, they would get a robust OS that's competetive in services/functionality with iOS/Android without having to spend a fortune in money/resources for it (as they would have to on their own). 

If this means Ninte do gets back Rare, then Sony Girl might actually forgive Microsoft for ruining Rare.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo does great on it's own. But in the past I was thinking of something different for Nintendo. Something like PS Now where you could just log in your Nintendo account and purchase the games you want to play. Nintendo could release peripherals that would work with games that need them like a wheel for Mario Kart and a wand for Mario Golf. It would be great to be able to play Nintendo games on any screen you'd like just like Netflix or PS Now. Of course with prices different from PSNow. Nintendo is kind of unique and I think if they stop making consoles they shouldn't become dependant of either MS or Sony.

XanderXT said:
If this means Ninte do gets back Rare, then Sony Girl might actually forgive Microsoft for ruining Rare.

Super Mario, Halo, Mario Kart, Zelda, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Donkey Kong, Perfect Dark, Xenoblade, Gears of War, Pokemon, Banjo-Kazooie, Killer Instinct,Super Smash Bros., Fable, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, perhaps Bayonetta + Scalebound continue as exclusive IP too. 

Gotta admit ... no gamer could reasonably ignore such a platform. 

MS Studios continue to fill in any holes with the freedom to make more Western IP, Rare is given back Donkey Kong Country IP (frees up Retro so win-win), oh and rehire David Wise too Rare. 

Does that mean Nintendo games with multiplayer on XBL and achievements?

I'm all for this then!

DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!

iceland said:
Does that mean Nintendo games with multiplayer on XBL and achievements?

I'm all for this then!

DOOM CONSOLES ASSEMBLE!!

In theory, yes. 

Nintendo + Apple = Same mindset, same types of fans.

Nintendo + Disney = Star Wars, Marvel, Disney, Mario, Zelda: The biggest franchises in one place.

Nintendo + Amazon = Content over Tech.