By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "There is no place for Nintendo hardware". Thoughts?

HintHRO said:

I would love to see incomplete Nintendo games over 40gb with limited gameplay mechanics, no charm, patches that make the game even more broken, lost save files and forced micro transactions and DLC that should have been in the original game. NINTENDO SHOULD GO THIRD PARTY FOSHO!

What does that have to do with being third party? A company can go third party without having shitty buisness practises you know? Unless you think that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about their consumers. Morals aren't automatically changed by going third party.

Around the Network

Why does Nintendo have to be the one to go third party so we can play Mario on Sony/Microsoft hardware? Why can't Sony or Microsoft go 3rd party so we can play God of War or Halo on Nintendo hardware and not have to buy multiple consoles?

Completely agree. Nintendo makes terrible hardware and i would love to see what they could accomplish with not having the power restrictions currently in place.

HintHRO said:

I would love to see incomplete Nintendo games over 40gb with limited gameplay mechanics, no charm, patches that make the game even more broken, lost save files and forced micro transactions and DLC that should have been in the original game. NINTENDO SHOULD GO THIRD PARTY FOSHO!

If they wanted to do those they could do it already.. Has nothing to do with being 3rd party. Is this really the best counter arguments you could come up with? 

how is wii u a late success? anyway I think he's right this time. Nintendo games are great, but it's not like they'd be any different on other platforms. right now wii U is just a underpowered piece of hardware with a peculiar controller that's not used in a meaningful way. if developers really want to use the pad, they could do something similar with ps4+vita, but even so I don't think this really adds something to the experience. of course it's completely different for nintendo handheld. nintendo produced a highly innovative device with the DS and introduced the 3D with the 3DS, which is an important feature in my opinion.
Wii U, on the other hand, tries to innovate but doesn't succeed in doing so.
Also it is true that Nintendo has no desire to lears from others, and this is what I really don't understand. Very bad online structure (at least in my country), no interest in 3rd party opinions and basically a complete lack of undertanding of western preferences for games and other features. hope they can sort things out with their next console.

Around the Network
Razeak said:
Why does Nintendo have to be the one to go third party so we can play Mario on Sony/Microsoft hardware? Why can't Sony or Microsoft go 3rd party so we can play God of War or Halo on Nintendo hardware and not have to buy multiple consoles?

I dont wanna go back a generation. 

I'd actually be extremely happy if they went software only. Last time they made good hardware was the GCN, after that it's just crap and shit. Sony hardware + Nintendo software would be absolutely epic, a new quality in gaming.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

lol pacther what a silly silly jokester

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

There is no place for Pachter is my opinion on that.

TBH if I can have a good PC that can be used with a controller and then there is the PS4 and X1 and WiiU then the WiiU is the only console with reason d etre. Its the only thing being different from a generic PC. The PS4 and the Xbox1 are just the NES in its 6th generation the only thing being added is power but still not enough to wipe old computer's asses. (and touchpad and extra rumble motors that is what I call a gimmick not a Wiimote or tablet)

Games have no saying in whether or not hardware is irrelevant. I own a PS4 yes but only because of the exclusive games mainly Jrpg's (and because i got it for 265€) If there would be no exclusive games I would not own one since my 4 year old PC (5year old CPU 3 year old GPU averaged to 4years) is on par with at least the XBO if not the PS4 in terms of power.

Probably because Pachter would make a ton of $$$ if that happened

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016