By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: "There is no place for Nintendo hardware". Thoughts?

A friend of mine showed me an article off gamenesia talking about the infamous ( and always wrong) Michael Pachter's recent comments on Nintendo. 

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/pachter-nintendo-will-abandon-hardware-go-third-party-next-gen#.VAqLA_ldXBZ

They are more than a decade behind the curve, and they are so insular that there is no desire internally to learn from others. Nintendo hardware goes away. There is a place for their content. There is no place for Nintendo hardware. Nobody cares. They will have to abandon hardware. — Michael Pachter 

Pachter for a long time has always dumped on Nintendo hardware, and quite frequently has been wrong about every prediction (Vita being successful, 3DS and DS failing, Wii failing, Wii U failing, PS3 failing (though i would call the last two a late success story)). Correct me if I'm wrong on the DS part, it's been some time since I have talked about him. 

So what are your guy's thoughts? What do you think of Pachter? Do you agree with everything he says about every console? Do you agree with his current sentiments regarding Nintendo and him being certain with himself that Nintendo will go third party and that cloud gaming will take over your living room?

I promise I wont get upset at any opinions :) 

Around the Network

I think he is an idiot. If there isn't room for any console it would Xb1 since it is just to similar to PS4 while PS4 is better

I agree. I haven't liked a Nintendo console since the N64. Would prefer them to be software only.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It pretty much seems that way. He's general dump on hardware is frequently annoying. Kinda wish he disappear in to obscurity :|

Hmmm while I agree to a point, overall I don't think Nintendo becoming software only company is a good idea.We should wait to see if the next Nintendo console will flop like the Wii U.

Around the Network

I completely disagree. I think Nintendo for at least the last two generations have been the best choice for a secondary console. This generations will be the 3rd in a row that I've gone Sony/Nintendo.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Nepotism

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I like Nintendo's hardware in terms of uniqueness of their controller. What I mean by that is that each iteration of their controller looks and feels a lot different than the last (for better or for worse) and I do like how much they change it up. I also like how long their hardware last in the sense that they bearly break. Sure, their console is weak compared to its competitors but the competitors are weak compared to PC so its like neh. I get why people dont like their hardware which is fine with me but imo, they should stick with hardware in the future and not go third party. I want them to be in the hardware business but I want them to do it right and not just fuck up like they did with the wiiU where the costly investment of the gamepad was clearly not worth it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I forgot about him. what has be been up to?

nice

Because we all value Pachter's reliable knowledge on the video game industry since his predictions are always true, right?