By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's Roleplaying game: Rules, Setting and Profiles

General rules:

· You can’t kill other players’ characters. (Unless the Narrator or the player himself is okay with it). Killing NPCs is acceptable within context.

· You can roleplay your character however way you want. That means you can insult, punch, be mean or a truly asshole; but that is only during the roleplay. Do NOT use the game to mock other people outside their RP character. Do NOT use the information gathered here to attack other users outside the game. In short, do NOT take advantage of the roleplaying adventure to hold grudges with people – doing so will get yourself knocked out of the game and also, moderated.

· Try to adjust to some sort of context; there’s no limit or barrier to what you character can or cannot do (well, there is, but we’ll explain it later), but roleplay it according to whatever is going on. For example, you can kill NPCs, but you wouldn’t randomly kill a pedestrian while going to purchase some milk from the local store.

· Bolded things or situations are something you can’t ignore, or can’t get your way around it. If, for example, I say that X character is stuck inside a car, said character cannot get out of it, no matter what he does. He would require help from others. (But do not worry, bolded situations are extreme ones, so they are rare).

· Let’s try to avoid “metaplaying”: knowing the facts despite your own character being oblivious to it. Let’s assume one of the characters enter a room and retrieves a gem, but no one else sees it. When that character reunites with the others, don’t go out and say “Hey, let me see that gem”, because, we all read how he grabbed it, but your character didn’t. This is in no way punishable because metaplaying tends to happen even if you didn’t really mean it (after all, this is a game), but let’s try to avoid it if we can.

· Please, do not use icons such as : ) ; ) : P …etcetera; they are ugly when roleplaying. Even if you wink, just say that you do.

è A-> Alternatively, if you’re texting a message, it is acceptable to put it on the message.

· Use your own personal posting style. This is a game which is fundamentally played by writing. Do not worry if you think your posting style sucks, or that other people is better at writing than you. Seriously, this is no writing competition. It’s just a matter of having fun.

· That being said, let’s try that each post has, at least, two lines of texts. Do not simply say “yes”, let’s try to give a bit of depth to whatever we do.

->  .> If the situation truly only allows you to say “yes”, then by all means do it. You’re not being punished for writing less!

· If you think something is being unjust, feel free to argue it with me, the Narrator. I can be mean at times, but my main objective is that you guys have fun. If a rule or a situation is being too obtuse, simply PM me and we’ll find a solution, or we erase that rule if it is making too much trouble!

Specific rules: (You do not need to follow these, but it would be appreciated)

· Try posting your character’s avatar whenever you are posting. That would help a lot when things get too crowded with messages.

è Just go to a previous post, copy the image then post it on your new post. Easy!

· Try not to be overbearing when posting with another user. Unless the Narrator says so, there aren’t “turns” when posting, especially when characters are on different places so that the flow of people chatting isn’t broken, but…well, just take others into consideration a bit. One or two pages of you guys talking is okay – twenty-three…well…errr…

· Try to be “realistic”. That term is loosely used here because of circumstances, (and let’s be honest, we do not want things too realist because that’s just boring) but remember that you can’t carry with everything, or if you’re hurt you can’t do whatever you want.

· If you need to say something outside the roleplaying game, write OTR (Off the record) then post it. Not every post must be 100% roleplaying, always. You might want to say something to other user, or admire them as a player for something he might have done.

è You can also roleplay, then in the same post, at the end, OTR’d something. Especially if you’re going to be absent, it would be very appreciated for everyone if you say it in OTR.

· If you feel the necessity of doing so, you can post images. (Of course, relevant to whatever is happening)

· Although I’d rather prefer you guys do not screw with natural order of things, I don’t mind if someone posts that, for example, it starts raining. But make sure everyone else notes it.

· Do not feel fear when posting something you might consider “way too crazy”. As long as we have fun…who cares!

è That being said, do not abuse this. You’re no Superman, you can’t expect to always do crazy things and come out alive.

· Have fun!

Setting:

We live in a stagnant future.

Natural resources are scarce. The poor countries are on the verge of self-destruction; the favorite places of low-life scums. Drugs, prostitution, slave trafficking and human decadence runs rampant through these places. The rich countries? They blocked themselves from the perils of outside a long time ago. There’s no “unity” anymore. Everyone minds their own fucking business. UN? OECD? WTO? Forget about those.

Some years ago, a giant spaceship crashed on Greece. Thessalonica vanished completely under the immense object, and with it, one million citizens. The first reaction was panic. Alien attack? The whole world grabbed pitchforks and torches, ready to beat up whatever monster would come out of it. But the ship never moved. It did nothing. Years passed. People went from fear to anger, to sorrow for the lost people who would never ever be seen again, to acceptance. That giant ship? It couldn’t be moved. It couldn’t be destroyed, or lifted. Every single attempt on doing something to it was a failure. Nowadays it is just considered a monument to the crushed city. A monument to the crushed citizens.

People blamed aliens. Or God. Or the Government. No one really knows where the spaceship came from. No one cares at this point.

What most people don’t know is that:

The spaceship brought monsters, indeed. Incidentally, that wasn’t the spaceship’s intention. The monsters are parasites brought from a different system. Beasts without ethics, but with high intelligence.

The spaceship emits energy. A different kind of energy, that only affect a handful of humans. These people gain a special, unique ability.

A small organization called T.E.C.H. privately funded by an eccentric millionaire has been gathering those who have been baptized by this energy. Though the true purpose of T.E.C.H. is unknown, their primary objective is exterminating these monsters that have infiltrated society. All the people on-board T.E.C.H. was convinced to participate one way or the other, despite knowing the risks. How? I don’t really know, pal.

All I know is that…things have just started. I can’t explain you more, now. You’ll understand, just give it time. Try not to lose your head, though.

Don’t mind me, I’ll be okay.

Meet you later.

K.

PROFILE:

(Things in * are not required to be fulfilled)

Name:

Surname:

Nick*:

Motto*:

Physical build: (Can be a picture of the character, a description or both)

Psychological profile:

Background:

How did T.E.C.H. convinced you to join?*:

Belongings:

· A Compass-shaped artifact.

· T.E.C.H.’s self-defense Stunt Rods.

· [Whatever item you desire]

Character traits:

· The ability to kill monsters from outer space.

· The ability to manipulate strange energy.

· [Whatever trait you’d like to put here. Medic? Firearm guy? Karate expert? A pro with computers? Your average joe?]

Likes*:

Dislikes*:

Extra info*:

Around the Network

Now fullfil your profile and post it here, people.

Also if you have any extra doubts, feel free to ask them here!

Aahmm... this will get very intersting... (I'm tagging)
Although Wright, I have a question. Can I join late yo this, like in 1 or 2 weeks? I wanna play along but I'm not in my home until then.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Although Wright, I have a question. Can I join late yo this, like in 1 or 2 weeks? I wanna play along but I'm not in my home until then.

Perfectly fine. I'll find a way to introduce you to the team later.

Wright said:
Slarvax said:

Perfectly fine. I'll find a way to introduce you to the team later.

Where do I post the profile? Right here in this thread?

Around the Network

seems complicated

nice

Mr_No said:

Where do I post the profile? Right here in this thread?

Yup.

TreeTurtle said:
seems complicated

That wasn't the intention. :(

Name: Dylan

Surname: Sommers

Nick*: Killer Whale

Motto*: "If it slimes, kill it."

Physical build: He has an athletic build. He's 5'11, he weighs 155 pounds. Whenever his powers manifest, his arms gets scarred toward upwards towards the hands. After his powers, his hands returns to normal without any visible scars.

Face (with short and long hair):

Physical appearance (without the helmet):

Psychological profile: He has a calm demeanor most of the time. But he's also a loudmouth who isn't afraid to say what he feels. He's pretty cocky. A tendency to act rude towards others and being a show off, and he seldom displays his nicer side. He has been part of an extenuating military training regime from an early age, which focused on being as sadistic as possible. Because of that, he has adopted an unruly and aggressive behavior. And rarely, he displays an unstable behavior. He also shows evidence of a Dissociative Identity Disorder which has gone untreated since he left the military. He shows disregard for authority and he will sometimes disobey orders if he believes it’s wrong.

Background: At age 11, he was forcefully taken from his home and obligated to do an obligatory military regime by his country to face the imminent threat of an alien invasion. With an unforgiving training, he was stripped from his childhood. But he became proficient in certain skills. He then was allocated to a unit, where he served for 3 years until he went AWOL. He couldn't take much more of it. He felt like he was going to snap. Taking refuge on a big city all by himself was tough for a 14 year old. Fending off muggers, rapists and psychos was easy enough, but his age didn't make it any easier. Fight clubs were fun, especially when everyone underestimated a teenager facing a hulkling mass of muscle. It was good practice.  Being part of a contraband ring had its perks. Scumbags wouldn't dare to touch him once he worked at a lower level with the mob. He made a killing out of smuggling illicit weapons through the city checkpoints. He also met a guy with whom he engaged a romantical relationship. There are no records of the other person and his whereabouts are unknown.

The mob boss kept an eye on Dylan, watching his bloody feats during contraband. He decided that his hands could terminate high-profile targets, so decided to give him an assassin job. It didn't matter if his tactics were Silent Assassin or just a deranged psychopath. As long as the marks were terminated, he was set for life with gear, money, weapons and a roof to live under. It was the best way to practice his skills. He liked it in a sick kind of way. As time went by, he slowly grew to detest normal clothing. Its blandness, its genericness. So he decided to go for a sleek and stretchier look. Whoever questioned his unique dressing style would never utter another word again. As his assassin notoriety increased, so did the people who wanted him dead. As he approached his safehouse one day, a bomb went off inside it, destroying the entire facility. The police moved in and ambushed him immediately. He had no way to escape, but he still ran to a nearby alleyway. They were all surrounding him; assault rifle barrels and lasers pointing towards him, ready to shred him. As he lifted his hands, a burst of power was originating from his arms on his back. The cops lowered their guns, gazing at the red glow on his arms. An officer prompted all of them to run, but it was too late. An even bigger explosion surged from Dylan, blasting him backwards and destroying the entire block. He got up from the floor and looked at his surroundings; they were all dead. He was terrified; it was the first time his powers manifested. Only thing he could think of is to run away from the city. He reached an abandoned train station outside the city. He couldn't stand up anymore, the blast somehow drained all of his energy. He fell on his knees and the rest of his body collapsed on the dirty floor. Shadowy figures slowly surrounded him in a perfect circle. Soldiers? Mercenaries? He'd never seen uniforms like that. A mysterious figure walked towards Dylan, who was trying to get up from the floor. He introduced himself as a T.E.C.H. senior agent, and convinced him to join them. The agent extended his hand to help him get up. Dylan reluctantly grabbed it.

How did T.E.C.H. convinced you to join?*: "They must've known all the men I've killed. They must've seen my face all over the news after I got away from the police, and they knew they had to have me. First, they threw this mumbo jumbo about the world being on imminent danger. I'm a generous person, but they knew that wasn't going to cut it. They told me I could kill any aliens I wanted, I could choose any weapon from their immense arsenal and I would have my own quarters. And to sweeten the deal, they offered me the best skintight battlesuits money could buy. I accepted. I would gladly mop the floor with those aliens if the price is right. Also, they told me they could help me control my powers."

Belongings:

A Compass-shaped artifact.

T.E.C.H.'s self-defense Stunt Rods.

• A skintight bodysuit from an unknown origin. Offers little to no protection.

• T.E.C.H.’s custom made P90.

• T.E.C.H.’s custom made .44 AutoMag.

• Custom Two-Tone Beretta M92F w/ Inox slide. At the side of the slide, there are some small, engraved words that reads: "For my dear Dylan. Love you, babe."

Character traits:

The ability to kill monsters from outer space.

The ability to manipulate strange energy.

• Near expert marksmanship. Excellent proficiency with handguns and rifles.

• Greatly proficient in hand-to-hand combat.

• Great agility while running and evading attacks.

Likes*: Killing baddies, tight clothing, guns, his powers, juicy steaks, videogames, old TV shows archives.

Dislikes*: People ruder than him, unnecessary evil, the ship that crashed in Greece, aliens, being told what he needs to do, being afraid, nightmares.

Extra info*:

• His suit is made from a mix of synthetic fibers and nanotech, resulting in a smooth, form-fitting skintight suit that's nearly untearable under stress. The blue and green stripes are made specifically from a biometric technology that reads Dylan's power stability. This prototype specifically can be only worn by Dylan. It's experimental technology, so it might have unknown features.

• When his powers activate, the blue and green stripes on his suit switch to red and orange, as shown.

• His powers can also be channeled through his T.E.C.H.'s self-defense Stunt Rods, making him able to unleash a variety of devastating attacks on the enemy.

Mr_No said:

Belongings:

• A skintight bodysuit from an unknown origin. Offers little to no protection.

• T.E.C.H.’s custom made AutoMag.

• T.E.C.H.’s laser pistol.

• T.E.C.H.'s self-defense Stun Rods, adapted to his powers.

• Custom Inox Beretta M92F.

Where's the Compass-shaped artifact? :(