By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tricky question! Nintendo is for kids or adults?

Tagged games:

Nintendo is a...

Kid Company! 122 48.41%

Adult Company! 129 51.19%

Total:251

Every employee from nintendo is adult, so that makes nintendo a adult company.

... see, EA?

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

Nintendo is for kids and adults but not for teenagers.

Kids younger than 12, and men in their late 20s and 30s who have been gaming since the NES.

Nintendo does badly with teens and young adults.

Uhh.. For everyone.

sidmeiernintifan said:
Nintendo is for kids and adults but not for teenagers.

Kids younger than 12, and men in their late 20s and 30s who have been gaming since the NES.

Nintendo does badly with teens and young adults.

^This!

If things were one sided, I'd probably have to say Nintendo is a kids company.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Well, I think we can define as an adult game any game that has a level of violence/nudity/whatever that isn't adequate to kids. We can define as an adult game too any game that has a more complex history that kids wouldn't enjoy. A kid's game is one that doesn't have any inadequate content and has a simpler history or isn't about a delicate and adult theme.

It's like comparing films. There are games that are like big drama films. They can contain some violent or sexual content and its history won't fit with children. I see most Nintendo games as Pixar movies. They are great and a lot of adults enjoy them, but they are primarily aimed at children.

I just wanted to mention one thing. Love hotels.

Stupid question, there's as big a proportion of kid xbox and playstation gamers, if not bigger, than Nintendo! I've been playing Nintendo since I was a kid and I still do, like many others, at the age of 35. I wish people would just forget about this whole Kidtendo issue. Just remember all the foul mouthed 'xbox kids' on their party chat, and yes that was an actual term used last gen to describe a section of the gaming community (a significantly large section too!).

So yeah, really dumb ass question.

Net results, adults being only slightly ahead, really makes the case "E means Everyone" better than I ever could.

We REALLY need more surrealism in video games.

Stupid question, there's as big a proportion of kid xbox and playstation gamers, if not bigger than Nintendo! I've been playing Nintendo since I was a kid and I still do, like many others, at the age of 35. I wish people would just forget about this whole Kidtendo issue. Just remember all the foul mouthed 'xbox kids' on their party chat, and yes that was an actual term used last gen to describe a section of the gaming community (a significantly large section too!).

So yeah, really dumb ass question.