By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tricky question! Nintendo is for kids or adults?

Tagged games:

Nintendo is a...

Kid Company! 122 48.41%

Adult Company! 129 51.19%

Total:251
Serious_frusting said:
Anyone who answered truthfully would say kids.

Disney. Kids or adults? You cant pick both.

Obvious answer would be kids first.

Nintendo is the Disney of gaming

Untrue.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
toot1231 said:
Target to kids but appeal to adults its a strange thing..

Call of Duty and Battlefield are targeted to adults, but kids mostly play them! Funny how gaming works, huh?

^ That is such a true and epic point. I can't add anymore truth to that.

Nintendo is for Everyone! BUT... the sake of arguement... I voted for ADULTS! You see many adults pick up a WII U to replay there old favorites from Nintendo (the SNES, GB, N64, Zelda's, Mario's Kirby's Starfox's etc.) or to play the latest installment of there favorite past Nintendo franchise. Since these people where born in the mid 80s to early 90s, I'd say adults.

Back in the day when the N64 and Gamecube came out, people said they were kiddie systems... Well those kids now Grew up!!

As others have said, Nintendo is for everyone

kids

As others have said, its for the whole family. It might look like its only for kids, but that is untrue. Its "also" for kids, and that gets confused easily with a bit of social doubt.

Around the Network

They're for adults but they know it's good to get them hooked when they're still kids.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Well... They make family friendly games which is different then making kiddie games cause kiddie games are solely targeted towards kids that usually cannot be enjoyed by adults cause either by the lack of challenge or the content in the game like Dora the Explorer sorta deal. Vs Family friendly games means that kids can enjoy them but they can also be enjoyed by adults cause they provide enough of a challenge or the content is good enough for adults to have fun with it like Mario Kart 8 so if I had to pick, I guess an Adult Company

And lets be honest, all the kids would rather play Flappy Birds on their iphone 5 than on a nintendo console

I agree that Nintendo games are not as kiddie as Dora the Explorer, but still they have a huge kid appeal. So, even if they could be enjoyed the same by kids and adults, why would you call it an Adult Company?

And honestly, I don't think they can be enjoyed by adults as they are by kids. Mario Kart for instance limits so much your freedom and does not reward your skills as games like Trackmania and Wipeout.

So, it's not because they appeal to kids that they are less an Adult Company. It's because there are others that appeal much more to adults.

Nintendo is definitely a Kids Company, imho.

Only time they actually targeted adults was with the Wii when the elderly jumped on the trend.

They're largely made for kids/teens but can be enjoyed by any gamer.

I'll say kids for the most part, and judging from this forum it's a pretty accurate answer.

KylieDog said:

Publically accepted standards say otherwise.  When a game is rated 18 it is because it contains content deemed inappropiate for children, but not inappropiate for adults, it is therefor, adult only.

The fact children still gain access to them doesn't change this.

But it still doesn't change the fact that Nintendo is for adults. A rating means nothing.

Keep in mind why a lot of people believe why they still keep coming out with their headliners every gen (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, ect), naustalgia. If that's the case then they are made for adults.

Dont see whats so tricky about it. Nintendo is for gamers