By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix opens a new RPG studio focusing on consoles

I want to be optimistic, but be surprised if what comes from this is what I want: a new JRPG for PS4.

Around the Network

What's so good so good about this?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

They will announce games that will be released 10 years later.

vivster said:
V-r0cK said:
vivster said:
Sounds like they want to create another new franchise besides DQ and FF.

It'd be nice if they can bring back another Mana game (like Secret of Mana with the whole couch coop)

Or maybe try a new IP for once?

They developed and published several new IPs last generation and will continue to do so. I don't understand why people have this mindset.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

What?
I thought Square Enix self is a studio that makes console rpgs.
When did they stop being who they are?
This sounds more disturbing than exiting.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Look forward to their game coming in 2025

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

outlawauron said:

They developed and published several new IPs last generation and will continue to do so. I don't understand why people have this mindset.

Read the comments. We're talking about new IP of the scale of DQ and FF.

Also please name any new IPs developed by Square Enix during last gen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

this will hurt a lot.

vivster said:
outlawauron said:

Read the comments. We're talking about new IP of the scale of DQ and FF.

Also please name any new IPs developed by Square Enix during last gen.

From my quick look through: Chaos Rings, The Last Remnant, Bravely Default (collab with Silicon Studio), Sleeping Dogs (collab with Square Enix London), Million Arthur, Sigma Harmonics, Exit, and The World Ends With You.

You're excluding all of their published new IPs like Moon Diver, Nier, MindJack, Blood of Bahamut, Infinite Undiscovery, and Project Slypheed.

There's also a few obscure things like the Lord of Vermillion arcade titles that spawned Lord of Arcana and Lord of Apoacalypse that I'm not sure where they go.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hopefully this new studio will produce games that have a bit more soul than the more recent efforts from SE.