By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix opens a new RPG studio focusing on consoles

MRKs said:
Their first game will be released in 2020

So before FF XV, lol.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/05/square-enix-recruiting-staff-new-studio-will-focus-console-rpgs/
Update OP with this article please

Thanks for the information.

Great. I hope this frees up some people for their handheld efforts (particularly for the Vita, the 3DS has the Bravely Default and Dragon Quest games locked down anyway)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Great. I hope this frees up some people for their handheld efforts (particularly for the Vita, the 3DS has the Bravely Default and Dragon Quest games locked down anyway)

Haha lol, NO!

Vita is dead, at least SQEX is porting some mobile games to it. 3DS, Mobile and PS4 are the future for Japanese devs.

If the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal helped fund this, it's money well spent

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

Absolutely great news! Hopefully their output will be good and, perhaps, help them to bring to their former glory.

Well good news, too bad they are just putting it together now though. Can't be expecting anything from them anytime soon then.

I still remember when SE established a studio in 2013 and then shout it down after one year without releasing any game. Talking about mismanaging.
Please Square, just give me Final Fantasy XV and then go jump in.. hell, don't try to do anything clever, please.

Wright said:

I just wish they'd put some games on seventh gen consoles, but I know that won't be the case.

Lightning Returns shouldn't even have been on 7th gen.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Sounds like they want to create another new franchise besides DQ and FF.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.