By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU Overtracked on VGC? ioi (Confirmed Overtracked)

hated_individual said:
JayWood2010 said:

A Dedicated thread for this rather than derailing threads any further

As others have pointed out the Wii U is tracking is unusually close to the last known shipped numbers.

Wii U

Nintendo global numbers through June 30: 6.68 million
VGC global numbers through June 28: 6.60 million

end of June we have a difference of 60k between shipped and sold, from Mediatecreate/Famitsu we know that 40k of that is in Japan. Leaves 20k for the rest of the entire world.

This would be 80k Units on shelves which is highly unlikely. So the question is, is it overtracked?  If so, by how much?  

ioi, if you're reading this, it should be fixed

Comparing WiiU and Xbox One Numbers http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189434&page=1#

Another thread that makes a point about WiiU Sales - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189405&page=1#

You got it wrong, Nintendo shipped 6.68M as of end of March. Wii U is undertracked by atleast 400K and there is proof and was already pointed out, cant currently find the thread.

No, the 6.68m is end of June.

All the info and breakdown is here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864527

As well as Nintendos official website.

No idea why you thought it was end of March.

Around the Network
Seece said:
hated_individual said:
JayWood2010 said:

A Dedicated thread for this rather than derailing threads any further

As others have pointed out the Wii U is tracking is unusually close to the last known shipped numbers.

Wii U

Nintendo global numbers through June 30: 6.68 million
VGC global numbers through June 28: 6.60 million

end of June we have a difference of 60k between shipped and sold, from Mediatecreate/Famitsu we know that 40k of that is in Japan. Leaves 20k for the rest of the entire world.

This would be 80k Units on shelves which is highly unlikely. So the question is, is it overtracked?  If so, by how much?  

ioi, if you're reading this, it should be fixed

Comparing WiiU and Xbox One Numbers http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189434&page=1#

Another thread that makes a point about WiiU Sales - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189405&page=1#

You got it wrong, Nintendo shipped 6.68M as of end of March. Wii U is undertracked by atleast 400K and there is proof and was already pointed out, cant currently find the thread.

All the info and breakdown is here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864527

My mistake, I thought about earlier report, but... MK8 sparked sales of Wii U hw in a big way and retailers ultil then didnt order much Wii Us also you can see that nintendo shipped 3x more Wii Us than last year in same period. Ninty ramped up production and retailers underestimated the demmand a bit, its simple as that. No conspiracy.

hated_individual said:
Seece said:

My mistake, I thought about earlier report, but... MK8 sparked sales of Wii U hw in a big way and retailers ultil then didnt order much Wii Us also you can see that nintendo shipped 3x more Wii Us than last year in same period. Ninty ramped up production and retailers underestimated the demmand a bit, its simple as that. No conspiracy.

Right? What point are you trying to make exactly? Doesn't change the fact VGC has WiiU overtracked.

Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:
From my other thread that got locked (will copy paste)

As title suggests, Q2 (April, May and June) show 249k in US and around 122k in Japan. Q3 is showing so far, 141k in US and 95k in Japan. (Current trends in both countries suggest WiiU will fall well below in the US, and pick up a little slack in Japan. Europe is more than likely on par with US, with sales dropping this Q.

Last Q Nintendo shipped 510k WiiU's, but this Q with VGC sales, we're expect 1.1m~ shipped. Why? This certainly goes against Nintendos own prediction of 3.6m for the fiscal year as well.

seece it s not obvious for you,that nintendo deliberately set a low forecast ,to exceed it?

When all they've ever done (for the last 7 years) is way over forecast? I believe they can hit around that 3.6m, but this is just people assuming because they don't seem to want to think Nintendo can only ship around 3.6m WiiU's.

If you did not notice that Wii U is selling about 100-200+% more than last year since MK8 launch also Nintendos forecast is most likely worst case scenario that they thought of as posibility plus you know things sometimes dont turn out the way you expect and plans change for better of worse. just because they said 3.6m does not mean that they will limit themself... -_-

You are sometimes narrow minded, just because they estimated it does not mean that it denies posibility of more positive outcome.

prediction=/=fact/future

Seece said:
hated_individual said:
Seece said:

Right? What point are you trying to make exactly? Doesn't change the fact VGC has WiiU overtracked.

Already made a point. Bold;No, you mean your "fact"... 

btw; VGC would have 80k for August in US so overtracked it by 10k, not much... versus Xbox One when looking at previous months also specially WW...

Around the Network
hated_individual said:
Seece said:

btw; VGC would have 80k for August in US so overtracked it by 10k, not much... versus Xbox One when looking at previous months also specially WW...

No I mean fact if you use logic, unless you're one of those that believe 20k on shelves across Europe and US is an acceptable number. VGC as a whole certainly hasn't since its existance.

Seece said:
hated_individual said:
Seece said:

No I mean fact if you use logic, unless you're one of those that believe 20k on shelves across Europe and US is an acceptable number. VGC as a whole certainly hasn't since its existance.

You talk about logic,dont make laugh... xD

VGC has Wii U in August about 20k weekly, NPD for Wii U about 70k(right) for august so 4.5 weeks rouglyso 15,5K on basically each 8 days or if we round it 4 weeks then 17,5 per week. 10-15% margin of error. Nothing critical like XO has been before August.

hated_individual said:
Seece said:

VGC has Wii U in August about 20k weekly, NPD for Wii U about 70k(right) for august so 4.5 weeks rouglyso 15,5K on basically each 8 days or if we round it 4 weeks then 17,5 per week. 10-15% margin of error. Nothing critical like XO has been before August.

Yeah, my arguments and predictions use them.

Lets go back to what I just said rather than you diverting the subject. VGC shows 20k on shelves across Europe and the US.

WiiU did 60k in NPD, not 70k. 25% off weekly, not that that matters, we're talking globally here, markets you can't verify.

Thus my original statement.

Seece said:
hated_individual said:
Seece said:

Lets go back to what I just said rather than you diverting the subject. VGC shows 20k on shelves across Europe and the US.

WiiU did 60k in NPD, not 70k. 25% off weekly, not that that matters, we're talking globally here, markets you can't verify.

Yet you ignore that it has been confirmed that Xbox One is overtracked in Germany, about 70K(if I remember correctly the figure) since launch and Wii U undertracked(forgot by how much)... It between 60 and 70k for Wii U in Npd august...

hated_individual said:
Seece said:

Yet you ignore that it has been confirmed that Xbox One is overtracked in Germany, about 70K(if I remember correctly the figure) since launch and Wii U undertracked(forgot by how much)... It between 60 and 70k for Wii U in Npd august...

So XB1 is overtracked in Germany (if faced with the evidence which I'm sure is true, I wouldn't disagree). What has that got to do with the OP?