By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Famitsu will feature a big new game from Capcom

Aerys said:
bubblegamer said:
Aerys said:
Dragon's Dogma 2 exlcusively for next gen would be so damn good

Thought about that one too, but it's not that big of a franchise to get 32 pages of coverage! Unless Capcom is considering investing more in it to make it go bigger.

Imagine if they decide to use Panta Rhei for the sequel ! That would require a lot of money to make a next gen game with such technology and as ambiitous as dragon's dogma.

Perfection

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
Aerys said:
Dragon's Dogma 2 exlcusively for next gen would be so damn good

Thought about that one too, but it's not that big of a franchise to get 32 pages of coverage! Unless Capcom is considering investing more in it to make it go bigger.

Really, its the 10th best selling PS3 game in Japan and a huge new IP. In the west it may not have done great but in Japan it surely met and blew away expectations.

REmake HD or Revelations2 can't be?
Ha! I knew it! REmake2 or RE7 or RE(new subseries) exclusive to the new 3DS or Wii U!

That's why no RE for NIntendo! But take that! We have now the next big game!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Its a New Captain Commando developed by Arika ( EX series) .. Outta left field

AZWification said:
V-r0cK said:
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GIVE ME A NEW DINO CRISIS!!!!!!! (With the new Jurassic World movie coming this would be the perfect timing)

....a new Onimusha will be the next best news after a new Dino Crisis :P

Sure.. Capcom will announce a new Dino Crisis after they announce Viewtiful Joe 3 and Mega Man X9!

Great...now I'll have to wait for Capcom to release those games before getting a new Dino Crisis loll xP

Honestly though, I think it's possible for Capcom to release a new Dino Crisis if there's alot of buzz and sucess going around for Jurassic Park.  Capcom's a big pussy and scared to release anything they think westerns wont like.  I remember sometime last gen they stated that they wont make another Onimusha because westerns aren't interested in Japanese historical theme.

As well there's the upcoming game Primal Carnage Genesis for PS4 which if suceeds then surely Capcom will jump in the dinosaur bandwagon.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 7 Wii U exclusive, just because lolz

or

another Street Fight expension

Click HERE and be happy 

cycycychris said:

I don't see Capcom leaving the 3DS with out a huge payment from Sony, Vita is doing ok in Japan but no where around the line of 3DS. They also want to get the customers outside of Japan into MH and the Vita is near dead outside of Japan. But the PS4 would probably be the perfect console for out of Japan. While the Wii U right now seems to be the better choice for Japan. But that could change over time. Nintendo is currently the ones that money hatted them to the 3DS. I really don't see them lossing MH. Imo, multiplat would be the best for this game, but Capcom can get Nintendo or SOny to pay them to release the game only on there console, that sounds like an awesome deal.

On the Microsoft comment, I just cannot see Capcom letting there game onto Xbone exclusive. The family of systems barely sells in Japan and would piss of there fans and possibly ruin the franchise.

The series is multiconsole in a sense, but it won't be a true multiconsole series, ever.  Capcom even stated that.  I think it'll be multiconsole with one brand  and that's it. 

“The way that we work with Monster Hunter games is that we see them as single entities,” Monster Hunter creator Ryozo Tsujimoto told IGN at the Tokyo Video Games Show, ”so we don’t develop for one platform and then think about porting it to another platform. The situation with the 3DS and the Wii U is that we wanted people to play this game a lot, so that’s why we have taken this [multi-platform] approach with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. But it doesn’t mean we’ll do that with new entries."

Also, we all know Nintendo moneyhatted the series onto their console, but here is the bogus explanation that Capcom gave. 

“The series did start out on Sony platforms, but it’s just realistic to think that it can’t continue on one platform forever,” Tsujimoto continued. “With Monster Hunter 4, it actually just came down to timing  – we were developing a new Monster Hunter and the 3DS hardware had just come out, so we figured it was probably the best platform for us to develop it on. You have two screens, with action on top and menus on the bottom, and there’s the 3D view as well. It just made sense to put it onto 3DS.”

Thankfully the PS4 just came out in Japan, and they're already done with Monster Hunter 4, so it all comes down to timing.  And hey, like the first quote states, the only reason they'll take this game multiplatform is because they want people to play it a lot.  So it'll also beo n the PS3 and Vita.  :P.

V-r0cK said:
AZWification said:

Sure.. Capcom will announce a new Dino Crisis after they announce Viewtiful Joe 3 and Mega Man X9!

Great...now I'll have to wait for Capcom to release those games before getting a new Dino Crisis loll xP

Honestly though, I think it's possible for Capcom to release a new Dino Crisis if there's alot of buzz and sucess going around for Jurassic Park.  Capcom's a big pussy and scared to release anything they think westerns wont like.  I remember sometime last gen they stated that they wont make another Onimusha because westerns aren't interested in Japanese historical theme.

As well there's the upcoming game Primal Carnage Genesis for PS4 which if suceeds then surely Capcom will jump in the dinosaur bandwagon.

Well, Capcom actually made a new Strider game a while ago, so who knows! Anything is posssible with good ol' Capcom!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129124748&postcount=738

It seems that this, like many things, may have been a mistranslation.

Famitsu preview is up... no trace of that mysterious big Capcom game.

Magazine got new stuff on:

- Bio Revelations 2
- MH4G
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban
- Deep Down

Famitsu

Sounds like 32 pages of Capcom stuff, but not a new game (instead - new info on games we know about).

i wonder what's the info on Rev2 and Deep down