By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are people predicting massive MGS4 numbers?

in case you didn't notice, it will be bundled

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
You think MGS 2 launched on a userbase that high? It was released like a year into the systems life.

Plus, you have to count Sustinence sales and take into account the series has been undertracked because of no Other sales.

Bingo. MGS2 launched on early PS2 days. PS2 reached 120m in the latter times. 

If the game is bundled through the holiday season, the game'll easily sell 5 million. If it gets bundled in Europe, which is pretty likely considering Europe's love of bundles, expect sales to be even higher. Europe is incredibly important in this equation. No one can deny that that market is significantly stronger now than it was in 2001. Whatever sales MGS loses in America will be made up for in Europe.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

@aj

suck monkeycock dude.

(i didn't use !. are you happy bitch?)

@dmeister

i did not know. You don't have to act all bitchy and express your fanboyism and shit. I was wrong. So what. We all make mistakes. Deal with it

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

People are overhyping this game based on the fact that previous "system sellers" for the PS3 have done so poorly... the assumption being that people are waiting for this game and Gran Turismo 5 for people to finally buy a PS3. Konami also has a huge budget for this game and has stated in an interview that MGS4 will have to sell 1 million on the first day in order to be a success.. of course, that isn't going to happen and I wonder if even Konami really thinks it will. That's an impossible barometer.

Around the Network
damkira said:

People are overhyping this game based on the fact that previous "system sellers" for the PS3 have done so poorly... the assumption being that people are waiting for this game and Gran Turismo 5 for people to finally buy a PS3. Konami also has a huge budget for this game and has stated in an interview that MGS4 will have to sell 1 million on the first day in order to be a success.. of course, that isn't going to happen and I wonder if even Konami really thinks it will. That's an impossible barometer.

It was Ryan Payton who supposedly said that, and he later came out and said that he said no such thing.

My therory over hyping we've been hearing about it since almost 2 years before the ps3 was launched.

But maybe the hype will make a difference.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Because is the last game of Kojima.

how retarded do you have to be to think a game needs to sell a million on the first day to be a success. Do you think they have bill collectors chomping at the bit to get to them on the second day of sales? I just don't see the situation where that makes any sense. I mean if you can think of one lay it on me.

simply... because it´s going to be a cuality piece of software... Kojima is a very methodic person who seeks perfection and it's always trying to reach it in his games... this game it's going to be great no question...

And of course the bundle thing....

Yeap... this is Lavos...