By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are people predicting massive MGS4 numbers?

daactualfact said:
@aj

suck monkeycock dude.

(i didn't use !. are you happy bitch?)

@dmeister

i did not know. You don't have to act all bitchy and express your fanboyism and shit. I was wrong. So what. We all make mistakes. Deal with it

personal insults, are you asking for a ban?

why dont you atleast do a bit of research before starting a thread?
All the data you need is right here in this site.
Also your name contradicts your behavior...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Lavos said:
simply... because it´s going to be a cuality piece of software... Kojima is a very methodic person who seeks perfection and it's always trying to reach it in his games... this game it's going to be great no question...

And of course the bundle thing....

You always have this "shy" vibe going on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Torillian said:
how retarded do you have to be to think a game needs to sell a million on the first day to be a success. Do you think they have bill collectors chomping at the bit to get to them on the second day of sales? I just don't see the situation where that makes any sense. I mean if you can think of one lay it on me.

I got that from a quote in a Reuters news article, which.. as has been pointed out in this thread.. was disavowed. Obviously, I don't have the figures to say when MGS4 will become profitable and did not say that I did. If it was a false quote, then it was a false quote.

We don't know how much was spent to develop this game and how much promotion is going to cost but the bar is obviously set very high for this release and it would have to have substantial sales in order to be profitable.

Let's be on the safe side and assume this game cost $50 million dollars to make.

Let's stay on the safe side and assume they only make $15 per copy.

So, they would need to sell 3.33 million (repeating of course :P) to break even. That is pretty rough, but that's the problem with being exclusive this generation.

Aj_habfan said:
Let's be on the safe side and assume this game cost $50 million dollars to make.

Let's stay on the safe side and assume they only make $15 per copy.

So, they would need to sell 3.33 million (repeating of course :P) to break even. That is pretty rough, but that's the problem with being exclusive this generation.

even on the safe side, I think $50 mil is way too high for this game.

I am sure the budget will be large, since this game will be pure quality through and through, but

correct me if I am wrong,

Isn't Killzone 2 around that atmosphere of a dev budget, and isn't it (50 mil) way above any previous game budget ever?

Point is, I would guess.... 35 mil for MGS4 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

my understanding is that the ps3 has a much less thrilling game library than ps2 had at the time of MGSs release, hence attach rates will be much better, which could mean that it could very nearly equal, or even surpass ps2s MGS sales in the same timeframe

I can't understand why people troll the ps3 forums.

i hope that wasn't directed at me.. because my intention wasn't to troll at all, but rather give my understanding of the situation, which i think is logical and stand by it.. or are you saying PS2 had a bad games library?

tabsina said:
i hope that wasn't directed at me.. because my intention wasn't to troll at all, but rather give my understanding of the situation, which i think is logical and stand by it.. or are you saying PS2 had a bad games library?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. You stated a widely shared opinion that I completely agree with. He is basically refering to this thread's topic. "Why are people predicting massive MGS4 numbers?" This is the ps3's biggest game that has recieved massive attention world wide. For one to make such a topic as this we can assume the TC lives either under a rock or a bridge.

Why wouldn't people predict large numbers for MGS4? It is one of the biggest games of the year and arguably the biggest PS3 title yet.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson