By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would anyone be willing to play D&D: Chronicles of Mystara?

Okay, created a private room. It didn't ask me for a password or anything, though, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to join in...

Around the Network

I'll play... if you guys get it on Steam! :O

I've got the lobby set up. Or should you make the room, and I join it?

spurgeonryan said:
noname2200 said:
Okay, created a private room. It didn't ask me for a password or anything, though, so I'm not sure how you're supposed to join in...

I am searching. What settings do you have it on? Level, etc.

Mystara, Apprentice, first level

ive had this game for a long while now...havent played much maybe we could meet up and play together sometime noname....my nnid is Romanithegreat

Around the Network

Thanks Spurge! I had a ton of fun. I'd love to do it again sometime! And like you, I never knew how to use items, or anything but magic really. The game has more depth than I thought!

spurgeonryan said:
noname2200 said:

Thanks Spurge! I had a ton of fun. I'd love to do it again sometime! And like you, I never knew how to use items, or anything but magic really. The game has more depth than I thought!

I think we learned. Hit the bosses with magic, one right after the other until they chill out enough to hit!

How did you push?

Just pressed up against the statute, but I think the character needs to have a minimum strength requirement. Same story with picking up the steel chests.

noname2200 said:
spurgeonryan said:
noname2200 said:

I think we learned. Hit the bosses with magic, one right after the other until they chill out enough to hit!

How did you push?

Just pressed up against the statute, but I think the character needs to have a minimum strength requirement. Same story with picking up the steel chests.

Yeap. Magic-User can't pick up chests or push stuff if I remember correctly. Sometimes other characters can open a locked chest from behind without spending a key, but if it has a trap it'll trigger. Thief can open all chests without keys. Dwarf can turn opened wooden crates into gold coins if he hits them before they vanish. But more importantly the content inside varies depending on who opens it. As a rule of thumb, Magic-user and Elf get more healing items than the others.

EDIT - Did you guys fight the Red Dragon (not the final boss)?

Player2 said:

Yeap. Magic-User can't pick up chests or push stuff if I remember correctly. Sometimes other characters can open a locked chest from behind without spending a key, but if it has a trap it'll trigger. Thief can open all chests without keys. Dwarf can turn opened wooden crates into gold coins if he hits them before they vanish. But more importantly the content inside varies depending on who opens it. As a rule of thumb, Magic-user and Elf get more healing items than the others.

Great tips all around, and thanks! Yeah, we only managed to kill the sorceress-dragon lady. I assumed the summoned demon thing is fightable, since the army NEVER saves the day in fantasy games, but we didn't meet the requirements. I gather it has something to do with difficulty level or number of deaths?

noname2200 said:
Player2 said:

Great tips all around, and thanks! Yeah, we only managed to kill the sorceress-dragon lady. I assumed the summoned demon thing is fightable, since the army NEVER saves the day in fantasy games, but we didn't meet the requirements. I gather it has something to do with difficulty level or number of deaths?

Nope, the demon isn't fightable. There are different fightable bosses in different paths, and some of them are only available under certain conditions (time, or certain party member).

To fight the Red Dragon, in the cave of Rafael (the stage where you start falling), enter in the in the second cave on the left. There should be a bunch of treasures. Keep walking to the right and eventually the Dragon will ask you to leave. Refuse two times, and when he asks if you seek destruction, say yes. Then run to the right (you'll see why). The dragon is in the next screen. After you defeat the dragon, if he dropped the horn and you picked it, talk to the next shopkeeper and he'll make an item for you (depends on the character).

If you beat the game after defeating the Red Dragon, a flying Red Dragon will appear over your score.

And since I'm talking about the cave of Rafael, the chest in the first cave on the left has a... very special treasure for sword users.