By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo should upgrade the Wii U like they did with the 3DS?

No, but I think a redesign with a bigger hard drive and a better battery life on the GamePad would do wonders.

NNID: TheCCluc

Around the Network
amak11 said:
Dunban67 said:

I agree w you- although I really wish they had done the 1st 4 items on the list from the start-  particularly longer batt life and a greater range-  what is the point in a "tablet like" device that has no more range than a Wii mote and batt life that is truly constricting 

I can stand outside in my backyard and still play games. My Wii U shoots that video signal through cement and ground of my basement, no lag. I really have no idea why people complain about range. Dont be stupid with it. It's the same requirements as other things. Don't stick it in the middle of metal shelves make sure  there is no interferance (like similar wireless ranges) in the area. Hell the PS3 wifi is greatly effected by cedar wood 

My Wii U gamepad has a crap range even with nothing in front of it and its sitting on top of a wood entertainment center. It get's about 20-25 feet if nothing is in the way. With one wall in the way it drops at least 5 feet (15-20 feet). You must have gotten a really great binned gamepad.

They need to just let Wii U ride its course and worry more about producing content for it

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

spurgeonryan said:
AZWification said:

But isn't this from the movie "Yes Man"?

Yes, man!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

amak11 said:
Dunban67 said:

I agree w you- although I really wish they had done the 1st 4 items on the list from the start-  particularly longer batt life and a greater range-  what is the point in a "tablet like" device that has no more range than a Wii mote and batt life that is truly constricting 

I can stand outside in my backyard and still play games. My Wii U shoots that video signal through cement and ground of my basement, no lag. I really have no idea why people complain about range. Dont be stupid with it. It's the same requirements as other things. Don't stick it in the middle of metal shelves make sure  there is no interferance (like similar wireless ranges) in the area. Hell the PS3 wifi is greatly effected by cedar wood 

I can t walk to the back of the room the Wii unis I. W out losing th connection -  there are no obstructions either -  the range on my Wii u is about the same as a Wii more not much more-   They should have made the, w a similar range as a typical wireless router-  they just went half way on some keyarta of the consol-  kind of like they did w thier target demographic - half way w casual and half way w core gamers therefore not really taking care of either most of the time since launch 

Around the Network
Dunban67 said:
amak11 said:
Dunban67 said:

I can t walk to the back of the room the Wii unis I. W out losing th connection -  there are no obstructions either -  the range on my Wii u is about the same as a Wii more not much more-   They should have made the, w a similar range as a typical wireless router-  they just went half way on some keyarta of the consol-  kind of like they did w thier target demographic - half way w casual and half way w core gamers therefore not really taking care of either most of the time since launch 

The range is rather large. Obstructions don't sound like your problem. it sounds more like there is a wireless signal interfering with it. 

If by like 3DS you mean release an upgraded version 4 years after launch in 2016, sure, I'd be fine with that. Only if it serves a purpose though. If there was guaranteed 3rd party support or some new game only possible on the upgrade I'd say go for it. I'd rather they just fire up an all-new system by then (or 2017) though.

They shouldn't be doing it for either system

You don't want the Wii U v1 to be the Saturn, and the Wii U v2 to be the Dreamcast.

It's just wrong.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

No, is a different situation.
Nintendo has never upgraded his home consoles..

I'm here also to improve my english, so tell me if you notice some errors.