By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White PS4 Destiny Bundle - #28 on Amazon.com Bestsellers of 2014

#35Pokemon Y, you're next

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
CosmicSex said:
Fusioncode said:

Not a chance. 300-400k is the most likely range. 

Why do you say that?

Common sense?

Considering that Infamous got a boost to 370k, I don't think 300-400k is common sense. 

CosmicSex said:
Fusioncode said:
CosmicSex said:

Why do you say that?

Common sense?

Considering that Infamous got a boost to 370k, I don't think 300-400k is common sense. 

I don't know what to say to you if you actually think Infamous was the sole reason for that March boost. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
CosmicSex said:

I don't know what to say to you if you actually think Infamous was the sole reason for that March boost. 

Then what was the big reason for the boost? It was the same month that the most overhyped game of recent memory came out (and not on PS4) yet it still did incredibly well. 

300 to 400k would be absolutely shockingly low. It's selling far stronger than infamous month, so 500k should be the floor. Remember, there were not that many infamous preorders, but destiny preorders were insane, and the bundle was always super highly ranked, hell it still is. There are still TWO ps4 skus far in excess of the top xb1 sku, and the destiny bundle is actually ranked much higher than the standalone xb1 destiny software now.

People might not want to believe it, but it will make March look slow.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
Fusioncode said:
CosmicSex said:

Then what was the big reason for the boost? It was the same month that the most overhyped game of recent memory came out (and not on PS4) yet it still did incredibly well. 

It was the first month where the PS4's stock could meet demand. As a result the sales were massive. Infamous did not provide that kind of boost. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
wary-wallaroo said:

It was the first month where the PS4's stock could meet demand. As a result the sales were massive. Infamous did not provide that kind of boost. 

But why not? inFamous sold very well and it was the the first big PS4 exclusive, is it so out of possibility that maybe it had something to do with the boost? Now granted, stock was an issue for the previous months, but the PS4 was still selling quite well in Jan/Feb. I don't know man, I just think that if in a month with TF coming out (along with a ton of X1 deals), the Ps4 was still able to do that much, it should easily match and exceed the number for Sept. But who knows. I think somewhere between 400-500k is more likely. 

300-400k feels too low, 500-600k feels too high.

Wow, cant wait to see NPD ! 400k NPD is the  least to expect

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Right now on Amazon US :

# 10 PS4 SKU
# 12 PS4 Destiny Bundle

#38 Xbone SKU

call of duty: ghosts ytd (according to vgc)

white destiny bundle alone sold >420k units confirmed

not