By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - White PS4 Destiny Bundle - #28 on Amazon.com Bestsellers of 2014

Arkaign said:
Do we know how many TF Bundles were sold from the NPDs? Last I knew it was something like 600k in the US.

If that's true, then I might have to bump up my September prediction from 800k to 950-1M for NPD. Destiny Bundle has already overtaken TF Bundle for the year. And Destiny has been out less than a week.

Craziness.

lol no. where did u get 600k from?

ps4 needs to sell ~350 - 400k units of that bundle alone to prove amazon ranking to be right

tf bundle sold ~228k in march

~58k in april

>38k in may* (#39 on may amazon ranking)

<88k in june (#50 on june amazon ranking one place behind kinectless version, which accounted for ~55% of all xb1 sales that month)

so imho may is >50% for sure (only valueable bundle because of kinectless sku annauncement)

june is <45% by math

*guestimate by myself

Around the Network

Today? i thought it didn't update on Sundays?

DaltonAbbey said:
Today? i thought it didn't update on Sundays?

it's saturday in the us

Oh my goodness! =O The Xbox One base unit SKU on Amazon's hourly charts has actually clawed its way two spots above the base PS4 at spot number 13!

...I mean, it's still getting its butt kicked considering the PS4 Destiny bundle is at spot 7, while the Xbox One's only other charting SKU is at spot 73, meaning total units being moved are still heavily in the PS4's favor, but still! A statue should be built to mark this historic event, given I don't think I've seen it happen... well, I don't remember ever seeing it happen.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Zanten said:
Oh my goodness! =O The Xbox One base unit SKU on Amazon's hourly charts has actually clawed its way two spots above the base PS4 at spot number 13!

...I mean, it's still getting its butt kicked considering the PS4 Destiny bundle is at spot 7, while the Xbox One's only other charting SKU is at spot 73, meaning total units being moved are still heavily in the PS4's favor, but still! A statue should be built to mark this historic event, given I don't think I've seen it happen... well, I don't remember ever seeing it happen.

Yeah Welfare said it was probably because it's the last day of Xbone free game deal. I didn't realize that. Right now PS4 Destiny Bundle is back at #6. And SKU One and SKU PS4 are at #13 and #14.

Around the Network

Something for sure is that there have been some mega sales for home consoles.

I think its not yet finished for September as in Europe, there are many people who just buy a console for FIFA mostly, and there are a couple of next gen only features and game modes. I think we could see 200k PS4 and over 100k X1 (both global) for the week it launches.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Its certainly going to be massive, I do think though that October sales may be quite flat because Destiny would have pulled forward many of the sales that would have happened in October. We might not see the usual build up to Christmas sales that we start to see in October, unless Driveclub can create another boost (it might do as the first next gen racing game for PS4, not including NFS as it was cross-gen). XB1 may have a chance to outsell PS4 in October (assuming XB1 doesn't experience the same effect as PS4 regarding Destiny).

beeje13 said:
Something for sure is that there have been some mega sales for home consoles.

I think its not yet finished for September as in Europe, there are many people who just buy a console for FIFA mostly, and there are a couple of next gen only features and game modes. I think we could see 200k PS4 and over 100k X1 (both global) for the week it launches.

200k for PS4 is too less, even Infamous: Second Son boosted it past 200k. I think it will be 400k+, maybe even 600k+.

the free game promotion just ran out
but still no madden bundle back on amazon

It'll be interesting to see this week numbers with the whole destiny opening week.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX