By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you do to win in a game?

StarOcean said:

I've noticed a lot of people do certain things while gaming in order to win or do something important. What do I mean by this? People move with the controller, repeatedly press "A" or "X", hold their breath, etc. even if it won't/can't change the outcome of the game 

Do you do anything like that to win? Or have you seen other people do things like the mentioned?

I know for instance in Pokemon when I throw a Pokeball I press the "A" button repeatedly... even if it doesnt actually help XD

I didn't really understand what you meant until your said this. Omg, that's totally me. In fact, let me tel you how I used to do it. The moment a Pokeball touches a Pokemon you heard a sound, and that's when you press A. Then the ball falls on the ground and you press A again. Then, for every tick you press A too until you caught the Pokemon. Pro skills, am I right? I also used to be super silent when I put a legendary Pokemon asleep in hopes of it not waking up early.

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
StarOcean said:

I've noticed a lot of people do certain things while gaming in order to win or do something important. What do I mean by this? People move with the controller, repeatedly press "A" or "X", hold their breath, etc. even if it won't/can't change the outcome of the game 

Do you do anything like that to win? Or have you seen other people do things like the mentioned?

I know for instance in Pokemon when I throw a Pokeball I press the "A" button repeatedly... even if it doesnt actually help XD

I didn't really understand what you meant until your said this. Omg, that's totally me. In fact, let me tel you how I used to do it. The moment a Pokeball touches a Pokemon you heard a sound, and that's when you press A. Then the ball falls on the ground and you press A again. Then, for every tick you press A too until you caught the Pokemon. Pro skills, am I right? I also used to be super silent when I put a legendary Pokemon asleep in hopes of it not waking up early.

Oh yeah I do that with legendaries too XD Also used to cross my fingers sometimes 

I just show up, that's all that's needed in most modern games.

In the old days, cheat, hack, curse, and if all else fails: break something. Gaming is cheaper nowadays, I haven't had to replace a mouse, kb or controller in half a decade :)

I do still furiously tap the A button to make dialogue go faster, Maybe someday Nintendo will get that my reading speed exceeds that of a 1st grader.

StarOcean said:

Pushing A repeatedly doesn't help catch Pokemon?  I thought it helped, could have sworn I read that at some point.

But nope don't do anything unnecessary to win in something I'm playing.  If anything I stick my tongue out, cause I know I do that when concentrating sometimes or playing sports.  

When I was a kid I guess. Nowdays I just don´t give a shit. I play a little to forget about my real life problems and that´s it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

In MK8 I just keep drifting even when I don't need to do it!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I pray. LOL.

A friend of mine tend to hit my controller when I'm doing free throws in a basket ball game.

killpass said:
I pray. LOL.

So, you pray in order to win in a game? Hmm, thanks for the idea!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
killpass said:
I pray. LOL.

So, you pray in order to win in a game? Hmm, thanks for the idea!

Yes. Pray a lot. It works and also the internet connection should be good to avoid those lag problems. XD