By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activison wants to buy take two ent

Tagged games:

I am not particularly fond of Take-Two Interactive, but they do allow their games to get to the 75% off during steam sales. Activations tends to hold out at the 50% off price point. If Activations does buy Take-Two, I am not sure how long (if at all) it will take for GTA 5 on PC to get to the $5 price point.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

Around the Network

COD has now three years of development. Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer Games have each three years to make a new entry into the series.
Activision could speed up Rockstars slow process to a bi-annual release of GTA and RDR from two or more developers (Rockstar North leading the work). That would mean a four year development period for each game.
Activision knows online and would help GTA in that department. COD and GTA probably has the same audience so Activision should know how to properly market GTA, making it profitable.
With Activision resources games like Bully, Manhunt, Midnight Club and Max Payne could see new life.

bonkeng said:

S.T.A.G.E. said:

If Activision succeeds they would've decreased the quality of Take Twos games just to make a profit. They would decrease the development time as Activision would want to see their annual sales rise. This is the only fault of buying out competition in capitalism. It causes the product to drop in quality when the lesser company creatively buys out the competition that has the internal prowess. Thats like MS buying out Nintendo. All Nintendo games would get watered down.

Unless they do what sony does to their 1st party studios. They leave them alone to do what they want. That's how Naughty Dogs and the rest of their WWS grew. 

Sony doesn't leave their studios around to do what they want. Sony changed the direction of Naughty Dog after their purchase of the company back some eras. If the company is second party with them they usuaully have an internal company help them develop the game. Sony has some lofty standards and they are always raising the bar. 

Anyway, the whole point is about Activision. I just stated that it would be like MS buying Nintendo. Makes sense if you think about one having more money and focusing on a predominantly shooter audeince and the other company having the ability to publish and pump out hits themselves. The dont really answer to anyone either. They do things their own way.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Oh well. Grand theft duty

Around the Network
SR388 said:
I am not particularly fond of Take-Two Interactive, but they do allow their games to get to the 75% off during steam sales. Activations tends to hold out at the 50% off price point. If Activations does buy Take-Two, I am not sure how long (if at all) it will take for GTA 5 on PC to get to the $5 price point.

I remember a time growing up when it took years for Halo to get below thirty bucks (even used). GTA is  game is worth more than thirty bucks . When it comes to PC just get and enjoy it if you want it. I'll also applaud Steam if they dont sell GTA for any less than twenty five dollars during a Steam sale because even though it is subjective, the game gives do damn much and does it so well. 

please don't sell out to Activision.

waltz said:

so basicly activison is interested in buying out gta 2k sports bioshock borderlands publisher article below:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/08/29/activision-buyout-take-two-happening/

Uh no?

"According to Benchmark analyst Mike Hickey, Activision Blizzard might be looking to acquire Take-Two Interactive Software"

Do you even read the articles you post? This is just soem wishful thinking from an analyst, it's not even a rumour.

Mods lock this or change to a appropriate thread title.

Meh, at least it's Activision. They're not one of the bad guys in my eyes.

Sure, they pump out a lot of games in certain franchises, but they do it in a good way imo and have always brought quality (technically in any case). I don't think they'll ruin what Take Two has. Activision has shown to be a competent publisher and I own many (many) Activision games across generations. In fact, they're one of the oldest ones in the industry today.

Don't care. Got fed up with GTA allready so it might as wel be the next annual 'same game with new skin'.