By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activison wants to buy take two ent

Tagged games:

Seriously hope it doesnt happen. It will be the end of all those great franchises. activision is gonna run them down. 4 years to develop a good GTA or red dead? Not gonna be an option anymore. They will rush out the door annualy.

Around the Network

oh god no fuckoff Activision!

If not Activision it would be EA or Ubi or MS or Sony, none would be any "better" than the other.

Though it is weird to see so many completely shunning the idea of Activision buying them yet Destiny seems to be the most anticipated game around here.

LudicrousSpeed said:
If not Activision it would be EA or Ubi or MS or Sony, none would be any "better" than the other.

Though it is weird to see so many completely shunning the idea of Activision buying them yet Destiny seems to be the most anticipated game around here.

I completely agree with you.

I guess many people see Activision only through CoD, but out of all those others you have written, they are the best (or the least bad) choice.

The worst would be if one of three (well, two relevant) console manufacturers bought them. 

I just hope they don't buy it. Rockstar is one of the most consistently good developers around. In the case of a buyout, Activision will probably say "Rockstar's game development won't change", but that will be an obvious lie. We know they just want to bleed the profits out of all the franchises.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Meh, at least it's Activision. They're not one of the bad guys in my eyes.

Sure, they pump out a lot of games in certain franchises, but they do it in a good way imo and have always brought quality (technically in any case). I don't think they'll ruin what Take Two has. Activision has shown to be a competent publisher and I own many (many) Activision games across generations. In fact, they're one of the oldest ones in the industry today.

COD is getting old and they have nothing so they need a publishers IP's who can pump out more games. Activision is one of the evil guys. Watch the quality of the games drop once they get ahold of them.