By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (New OP) He's doing it... He's bringing back SONY.

I think that...

I'm quite impressed 46 38.66%

they have risen from the grave! 19 15.97%

Its not a big deal 17 14.29%

Credit should go elsewhere 4 3.36%

Playstation should become independent 9 7.56%

RESULTS 24 20.17%

Total:119
Ruler said:
the_real_dsister44 said:

Eh, Macs have been at around 8% of the market for at least ten years. And they held that marketshare in 2014. Plenty of people are buying macs.

I never saw a mac in someones basement in my life time, maybe in 8% in usa but not in the rest of the world

Do you live in the Middle East or something? Macs are fairly common in the West. 

Go to any American or Western European airport, at the security line where you have to take out your laptop, wait about 15 minutes, you'll eventually see someone with a Macbook. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Ruler said:

I never saw a mac in someones basement in my life time, maybe in 8% in usa but not in the rest of the world

Do you live in the Middle East or something? Macs are fairly common in the West. 

Go to any American or Western European airport, at the security line where you have to take out your laptop, wait about 15 minutes, you'll eventually see someone with a Macbook. 

I never saw someone owning it in germany, only in stores.

Ruler said:
the_real_dsister44 said:

The 8% is worldwide. That isn't to say that it isn't mostly focused in the US. But for as long as I have been paying attention to it. Since at least when I made my original vgc account they have been around that mark. Maybe even a bit less

I doubt it 560 million people sure arent likley to own apple computers.

Of course not. Not all 7 billion people on earth have computers. It measures based on the amount of people who do... Their US marketshare is 13%, their worldwide marketshare varies from 7-8% based on the source

the_real_dsister44 said:
Ruler said:

I doubt it 560 million people sure arent likley to own apple computers.

Of course not. Not all 7 billion people on earth have computers. It measures based on the amount of people who do... Their US marketshare is 13%, their worldwide marketshare varies from 7-8% based on the source

I said 8% of world population are likekly to own. Post the source please

Ruler said:
the_real_dsister44 said:

I said 8% of world population are likekly to own. Post the source please

No. you didn't. Quote the post that you said that and I will apologize. That's not how marketshare works, and if you think that then you are just being silly. No one mesures marketshare that way. PS4 has a marketshare of 48% according to vgc, not .27%. I can't find the source I was reading earlier that gave me 8%. But these are good enough for my point.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/01/windows-8-and-8-1-finally-pass-15-market-share-windows-xp-drops-below-20-mark/

Despite this good news, Windows as a whole lost a bit of share, down 0.45 points to 91.53 percent. Mac OS X capitalized on the losses, gaining 0.67 points to 7.05 percent, while Linux slipped 0.23 percent to 1.41 percent.

People are still buying plenty of Macs. Their marketshare is growing vs Linux and Windows

Around the Network

Kinda inconvenient for anyone who felt that if there were only two companies they could finally get one machine to be both their Nintendo console and a third-party box, but good for the industry overall!

Gotta give it to Kaz. When he took over in 2012 (please correct me if I am wrong on the year), things were looking pretty bad. He took on a tremendous uphill battle which included underpreforming divisions, consistent losses, and increased competition. Like many others have stated in the thread, he still has some ways to go, I say in his defense that he took on these problems and helped Sony get back towards being profitable. This fiscal year may be a full loss, and Kaz was a bit slow on his changes, but I give him credit for tackling these issues and guiding the ship through the tempest :).

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Twilord said:
Kinda inconvenient for anyone who felt that if there were only two companies they could finally get one machine to be both their Nintendo console and a third-party box, but good for the industry overall!

We can dream 

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

It's safe to say he has turned sony around. 

He stopped the bleeding by cutting the limbs off.

Nothing to say on your post. But I really hope your new Avatar pic is 1) temporary, and 2) ironic. I couldn't even make it through an entire episode of that show.

OT: Go Kaz Go!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

RolStoppable said:
binary solo said:

Nothing to say on your post. But I really hope your new Avatar pic is 1) temporary, and 2) ironic. I couldn't even make it through an entire episode of that show.

OT: Go Kaz Go!

All of my avatars are temporary, but now I am going to keep this one for longer than I had planned initially.

Good, because Deborah Messing is totally age appropriate hotness for me, unlike that other girl you normally have for your Avi pic. So now I can oggle at your Avi instead of coming over all fatherly-like.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix