By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (New OP) He's doing it... He's bringing back SONY.

I think that...

I'm quite impressed 46 38.66%

they have risen from the grave! 19 15.97%

Its not a big deal 17 14.29%

Credit should go elsewhere 4 3.36%

Playstation should become independent 9 7.56%

RESULTS 24 20.17%

Total:119

Kaz really is turning the ship around (Like I thought he would). All Sony needed was a bit of an outsider to come in and use some common sense.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
Kaz has been a bit slow but he's doing very well. It's still a long road ahead though.

Turning an 18 wheeler is very different from turning a Ferrari.....

Good for Sony. Here's hoping the company can turn the R&D results into profit.

Now, I wonder if Sony reduced its losses as of late.

In the last keynote for TGS he announced that TLOUR already crossed 1M

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Their console is doing well. Beyond that nothing much has changed.

Around the Network

I know quite a few Sony engineers and other employees working in the HQ, and they themselves don't paint the situation that rosy.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

axumblade said:
I gave approval for this thread to be necrobumped.

I didn't know you had to be the one to post :P I'm still fine tuning and cleaning up OP lol but thanks again

Eh, I feel like this is pretty premature. Sony got rid of a lot of stuff in 2014... 20 or so stores, the tv division, laptop division, stake in Squeenix, and SOE. I mean, if they can continue to do this year after year, yeah it will be a sustainable plan, but they can only sell or spin off so many things

kaz can't bring sony back because sony never was away. the company was just chilling in the backgound, giving less gifted companies *cought* apple, microsoft, nintendo, google, samsung, disney,... *cought* a little bit of spotlight as well. real kings are quite generous sometimes.

the_real_dsister44 said:

Eh, I feel like this is pretty premature. Sony got rid of a lot of stuff in 2014... 20 or so stores, the tv division, laptop division, stake in Squeenix, and SOE. I mean, if they can continue to do this year after year, yeah it will be a sustainable plan, but they can only sell or spin off so many things

They still have their TV division; But yes you're right.  They've been cutting down quite a bit but things were so unorganized prior that there wasn't many other options left.  Someone else mentioned that they were turning around an 18 wheeler, not a ferrari so it was going to take some time.  Since 2012 though, their stock value has gradually inclined which is very hopeful to see in a dog eat dog environment.  Last year or 2013 we saw Blackberry go bankrupt and sell out to some chinese financial firm.  I used to own blackberries and loved their phones, don't want to see the same thing happen here