By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo 3DS: I AM BUYING IT!!!

Are u going to get the new 3DS?

YES!!!!! 176 47.96%

NOO!!! 97 26.43%

Depends on the exclusive games... 94 25.61%

Total:367
estebxx said:
BraLoD said:
The new model seems nice, but it's completely ridiculous to a game only work with it.
If I had a 3ds already I would be mad to don't be able to play a 3ds game with it.
If this start to get games that only run at it, it better be called 3ds 2 or stuff like this, because it's a different system and people should be warned that they need to buy another system to run new games.
It's one of the most ridiculous moves I've ever seem Nintendo do if it's still taken as 3DS.
It's like Sony start locking games to the slim version of their consoles, people would be insane by now.
"oh you have a PS4 and want to play The Last of Us 2? I'm sorry but you will need to buy this new beautiful
PS4 here to be able to play it, because you know, it won't run at the PS4 that you already bought, giggle."

I would be really mad with this.

YEAH!, i dont care if a console or a handheld gets a new version, BUT i do have a problem if they lock games to that version of the system, and your example is the best interpretation of it.

If i had bought a 3DS and i realized that the games that i wanted to play didnt work on my version of the system and that i had to buy a NEW 3DS model to play them i would be pretty pissed... i would easily be saying stuff like F#CK YOU NINTENDO.

This should be a NEW Nintendo handheld.

It's just a matter of perspective. To some people it is a new handheld. To others it's like the DSi. If you view it as"3DSi" it's understandable why you'd be upset, but people who view it as a new handheld aren't disappointed in any way. I think it's between both personally.

Around the Network
ninjaman003 said:
estebxx said:

YEAH!, i dont care if a console or a handheld gets a new version, BUT i do have a problem if they lock games to that version of the system, and your example is the best interpretation of it.

If i had bought a 3DS and i realized that the games that i wanted to play didnt work on my version of the system and that i had to buy a NEW 3DS model to play them i would be pretty pissed... i would easily be saying stuff like F#CK YOU NINTENDO.

It's just a matter of perspective. To some people it is a new handheld. To others it's like the DSi. If you view it as"3DSi" it's understandable why you'd be upset, but people who view it as a new handheld aren't disappointed in any way. I think it's between both personally.

i really think Nintendo should have made this a new handheld, because as you just said its a matter of perspective, and there is gonna be people pissed about some games being locked for the new 3DS, (in fact if im not wrong there was people complaining about it already on the comment section on Youtube).

Nintendo has a problem when they give a name to their products, we already now how much of a problem the WII "U" name was, and now this 3DS... they should name it in a way that people know that its a NEW handheld, because im really sure that the actual reason why Xenoblade is exclusive to this version, is because more than likely the game doesnt run well on the old 3DS models, afterall arent the Specs of this new 3DS better than the old one?. and all the new buttons and the new analog stick must make the experience of playing Xenoblade way better on the new 3DS than on the old one.

I was thinking of getting a "old" 3DS actually...now I won't buy it, as I won't buy the New 3DS since this is a stupid move and I don't want to support it. There's plenty of games to play on other consoles already.

tiffac said:
Do you guys think Ninty will slowly phase out the old 3DS and push newer titles onto the new 3DS only?

Not really, because I expect most of those titles to be ports of older games and small downloadale titles (think of it as the DSiWare)..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm a cheap bastard who has the old small 3DS, never had plans to upgrade to an XL and don't plan to buy a 'new' 3DS.

If the 'new' 3DS gets only ports of Wii games then fine, I really don't care, but if the 'new' 3DS gets games like lets say...Metroid 3D then...fuck u Nintendo.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:

I'm a cheap bastard who has the old small 3DS, never had plans to upgrade to an XL and don't plan to buy a 'new' 3DS.

If the 'new' 3DS gets only ports of Wii games then fine, I really don't care, but if the 'new' 3DS gets games like lets say...Metroid 3D then...fuck u Nintendo.

I don't think that Nintendo will make one of it's most famous franchises exclusive to a very small part of its userbase... Right?

RIGHT?

OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME I'M RIGHT! ;-;

estebxx said:
ninjaman003 said:
estebxx said:

i really think Nintendo should have made this a new handheld, because as you just said its a matter of perspective, and there is gonna be people pissed about some games being locked for the new 3DS, (in fact if im not wrong there was people complaining about it already on the comment section on Youtube).

Nintendo has a problem when they give a name to their products, we already now how much of a problem the WII "U" name was, and now this 3DS... they should name it in a way that people know that its a NEW handheld, because im really sure that the actual reason why Xenoblade is exclusive to this version, is because more than likely the game doesnt run well on the old 3DS models, afterall arent the Specs of this new 3DS better than the old one?. and all the new buttons and the new analog stick must make the experience of playing Xenoblade way better on the new 3DS than on the old one.

I agree that it was a bad name even if it isn't a new system. They really had a choice to call it a new handheld or an upgrade from the old one. I think people would be angry if it was a new system released this early, and obviously people are angry at the current situation.

I think this was just meant to extend the life of the 3ds so Nintendo can replace the Wii U first. I don't think this was the best way possible to do it, but it seems to have more reason to it than just a cash grab. They do have to keep making money though.

MohammadBadir said:
osed125 said:

I don't think that Nintendo will make one of it's most famous franchises exclusive to a very small part of its userbase... Right?

RIGHT?

OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME I'M RIGHT! ;-;

I saw some news saying that most games will have a normal 3ds release, but they will get software updates to optimize it for each system. It is going to have exclusives, but I don't think they will have over 25% of their best games be exclusive.

Edit- nevermind "system titles" didn't mean games, but looking at that one comparison video for 3ds vs. new 3ds graphics, I still think this will be the case.

estebxx said:
ninjaman003 said:
estebxx said:

Nintendo has a problem when they give a name to their products, we already now how much of a problem the WII "U" name was, and now this 3DS... they should name it in a way that people know that its a NEW handheld

The name is literally NEW 3DS, i dont think they could make it anymore clear to consumers that its a new product.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
estebxx said:
ninjaman003 said:
estebxx said:

Nintendo has a problem when they give a name to their products, we already now how much of a problem the WII "U" name was, and now this 3DS... they should name it in a way that people know that its a NEW handheld

The name is literally NEW 3DS, i dont think they could make it anymore clear to consumers that its a new product.

i tought that the name was just 3DS LL (in japan) and its going to be 3DS XL in north america (when it releases there), but if they actually name it the NEW 3DS XL then its kind of OK, but i still think that its gonna be a problem...

Because there is gonna be people who are gonna see the "new 3DS XL" as just simply a new version of the same "3DS XL", with extra buttons and better hardware, but they wont think that some games will only be playable on the "new 3DS XL", (of course im talking of less informed people like fathers and mothers who just want to give a present to their children).

there is a lot of people on this very same thread that are treating this "NEW 3DS XL" as just simply a new handheld from nintendo and not just a new version of the same hardware, because actually thats really what this feels like, it has improved hardware in terms of specs, buttons and a new analog stick, and if nintendo keep giving exclusive games to just this "new 3ds xl" then it really is just a new handheld and it should have a totally different name.

not just "NEW NINTENDO 3DS" because people might interprate that as a new version of the same handheld and NOT a new handheld  with exclusive games not playable on the old 3DS...