By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo 3DS: I AM BUYING IT!!!

Are u going to get the new 3DS?

YES!!!!! 176 47.96%

NOO!!! 97 26.43%

Depends on the exclusive games... 94 25.61%

Total:367

i have owned the original 3DS since it came out and was considering getting an XL for Smash but i think i will wait for this to be released

Around the Network
animegaming said:
i have owned the original 3DS since it came out and was considering getting an XL for Smash but i think i will wait for this to be released

Same here!I got the Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance shell so I never upgraded. But for Xenoblade, I'm upgrading.

The reason I got a 3DS XL was not because the XL was good, it was that the OG 3DS was bad, from my point of view.

I'll get the 3DSi (I can call it whatever I want to) since it fixes gripes that I had with the 3DS, and it is actually rather pocket-friendly now.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

I'm getting a XL sized 3DS down the line, what determines if it will be a regular XL or one of these new devices is likely to be the exclusive games available. If it winds up being like the DSi where it has a few 'ok' exclusives early on and after that all 3DS compatible games I'll probably go for a regular XL. I am only looking for a newer device with a bigger screen for the most part anyway.

So I have to buy this Remastered console now if I want to play Xenoblade chronicles? Now this is what I call a cash-grabbin' move, specially for those who already have a 3ds or 2DS.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Aww piss. I foresee myself getting one of these... Oh, my poor bank account.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

fluky-nintendy said:
So I have to buy this Remastered console now if I want to play Xenoblade chronicles? Now this is what I call a cash-grabbin' move, specially for those who already have a 3ds or 2DS.

You know how they released Super Mario 64 exclusively for the N64, such a cash grab. I don't understand these comments, what if it's exclusive because it needs to use the c-stick or zl/zr buttons. I don't even think half of the upcoming 3ds games will be exclusive to it. I heard there will be software updates for new 3ds games, so you can play the optimized version for each console.

I have a launch 3DS... So it is kind of old.
Why not? As long as they don't abuse the extra power, I'm fine with it.

Do you guys think Ninty will slowly phase out the old 3DS and push newer titles onto the new 3DS only?

BraLoD said:
The new model seems nice, but it's completely ridiculous to a game only work with it.
If I had a 3ds already I would be mad to don't be able to play a 3ds game with it.
If this start to get games that only run at it, it better be called 3ds 2 or stuff like this, because it's a different system and people should be warned that they need to buy another system to run new games.
It's one of the most ridiculous moves I've ever seem Nintendo do if it's still taken as 3DS.
It's like Sony start locking games to the slim version of their consoles, people would be insane by now.
"oh you have a PS4 and want to play The Last of Us 2? I'm sorry but you will need to buy this new beautiful
PS4 here to be able to play it, because you know, it won't run at the PS4 that you already bought, giggle."

I would be really mad with this.

YEAH!, i dont care if a console or a handheld gets a new version, BUT i do have a problem if they lock games to that version of the system, and your example is the best interpretation of it.

If i had bought a 3DS and i realized that the games that i wanted to play didnt work on my version of the system and that i had to buy a NEW 3DS model to play them i would be pretty pissed... i would easily be saying stuff like F#CK YOU NINTENDO.

This should be a NEW Nintendo handheld.