By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo 3DS: I AM BUYING IT!!!

Are u going to get the new 3DS?

YES!!!!! 176 47.96%

NOO!!! 97 26.43%

Depends on the exclusive games... 94 25.61%

Total:367

Never owned a 3ds and still won't

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
BlackyCat said:
I think the name of this new console will be a problem... they should have made a different name ( same mistake as for the wii u ).

Yeah "New Nintendo 3DS" could definitely cause some confusion. I don't know why they didn't just copy the DS last gen and name it the 3DSi.

This time it's Nintendo copying Apple stuff again: Gamecube looked like a Powercube G4, DS Lite looked like an iPod Nano, Wii as well, this current model looks like an iPhone 5 (look at the two-toned back) and they got the name from Apple's "New iPad". And yeah, it's a confusing move.

OT: I don't know yet. If the screen is good maybe but I'm not sold yet.

Haven't jumped in to this handheld generation yet. Never felt better about that decision than today. I'm hoping Nintendo updates their kiosks so I can get my hands on it...and this time maybe it'll have more packed in to play than Pilotwings.

If they beefed it up a bit more and rebranded it (for example 4DS), would the actual 3DS owners be less pissed off?

I'm quite excited about this, even if I'm not buying it immediately. If this were to be able to play GameCube (or even Wii) games with little porting effort, it might be a really good deal. Not to mention being a Wii U gamepad substitute.

Carpe diem!

piete said:
If they beefed it up a bit more and rebranded it (for example 4DS), would the actual 3DS owners be less pissed off?

I'm quite excited about this, even if I'm not buying it immediately. If this were to be able to play GameCube (or even Wii) games with little porting effort, it might be a really good deal. Not to mention being a Wii U gamepad substitute.

By the looks of it, Yes. Which is kinda funny imo

Around the Network

I own a regular 3DS and was planning to upgrade to an XL. Glad I waited off on it, definitely buying the New 3DS XL for sure. They'll probably release an adapter for those who wish to use amiibos on their current 3DS units, Nintendo would be stupid if they didn't.

Areal-Llort said:
I own a regular 3DS and was planning to upgrade to an XL. Glad I waited off on it, definitely buying the New 3DS XL for sure. They'll probably release an adapter for those who wish to use amiibos on their current 3DS units, Nintendo would be stupid if they didn't.

That was already announced alongside the Amiibo reveal

ktay95 said:
Areal-Llort said:

That was already announced alongside the Amiibo reveal

Oh cool, then there's something for everyone already.

Another negative point: it will use propertary MicroSD... something that was critized on Vita is now on 3DS.. be glad of it..

Well, I didn't got a 3DS, and was considering getting one this year, but now I'll wait next year for the N3DS release on the west, as old 3ds will be played better there (second stick is a must for me on portable since I have a Vita)

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

AZWification said:

Good for you, but I don't think I will buy this new 3DS just for a Xenoblade remaster..

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile