By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 16th August HW up; + adjustments; PS4 at 9.9M

CGI-Quality said:

PS4 - 146k

Wii U - 64k

XB1 - 48k

O_O - has the X1 ever dropped below 50K?

yes quite a bit actually.

Around the Network

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

NeoRatt said:

This is my ban rant!

I have to agree.  Gamers have bought into Sony's BS hook, line and sinker...  I have all three consoles this gen and PS4 is definately at the bottom of the list.

You know it is bad when games like The Last Guardian have been in development for over 5 years and Sony fanboys talk as if this has already shipped and it is the most epic game ever... Newsflash!  If I was given a few hundred million and 5 years to develop a game it would be even more epic!

The PS4 is full of hype and very short on substance.  95% of the Indie games are ports from other platforms.  There is only a few indie games that actually shipped first on PS4...  And last generation PS fans told XB fans that downloadable and indie games didn't count.  So, why do they suddenly count this generation then?  Right...  Because that's all PS4 fans have to brag about.

2014 timed console exclusives or full console exclusives (also remove ports from their PS3) is a few Indie games and inFamous SS and the new inFamous Stand alone DLC... Add to that DriveClub and LBP3 coming soon and you've summed up the PS4 lineup for 2014. 

Meanwhile MS brought PvZ Garden Warfare and Titanfall in winter/spring to Xbox gamers and are bringing Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and Disney Fantasia Music Evolved for holiday 2014...  Not to mention a catch-up on Indie games, some Indie stuff of their own, and a bunch of downloadables such as Dance Central and XB1 gamers won't be posting on this site for months because they will be too busy playing games while Sony fanboys will live on this site through the holiday bragging about sales because they won't have any games to play.

To date, Sony has not shown any innovative gameplay this generation.   The games are all looking pretty but play pretty much the same as they did last generation.  Sony simply wants to keep your eye on shiny 1080p the rest of the generation and offer nothing new gameplay wise... (I would've said 60 fps, but we all know that inFamous and DriveClub aren't there).  Meanwhile on XB1, we have seen more zombies in DR3 than could ever have done before, Forza introduced Drivatars to the racing genre, and Titanfall combined the online FPS with Mechs.  Sony brought the "Share" function...

This site, like N4G, and many other so called "gaming media" sites have lost all objectivity and are purely a bunch of Sony fanboys now.  Anything MS does is bad, everything Sony does is thoughtful and for gamers.  I feel for both Nintendo and Microsoft.  Both started the generation shaky, but their games lineup is well above Sony's yet Sony keeps getting the sales.  There is no logic in this anymore, it is purely based on hype and momentum.  Gamers always talk about games always win... With Sony, this is completely untrue.  Nintendo ALWAYS has better and more exclusives than Sony.

Now, I am going to accept my ban on this site from the Sony fanboy owners/employees/mods here, and go back to playing games on my XB1 and Wii U... They will keep me busy through the fall/winter.  Meanwhile pathetic RecycleStation 4 owners will continue to visit this site everyday for the next 6 months talking about how great sales are.  Meanwhile XB1 and Nintendo gamers will be too busy playing games to visit this site this holiday season.  I feel sorry for how Sony fanboys have bought into the marketing BS.  It shows how gullable and pathetic they truely are.

I appreciate your courage. But to be fair to myself, and to other users, I'm afraid I will have to report you. 

I can honestly say that this is how you go out with a bang. 

So much anger in this thread. I like.

Oh wow, PSV version of Akiba's Trip outsold the PS3 one.

Around the Network

Where there is domination, there is hate

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Wii U and 3DS holding strong. Only going to get better from here on out.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

NeoRatt said:
Ronster316 said:

NEVER in the HISTORY of gaming has the number 1 selling console been SO UNDESERVING of the position that it finds itself in.

And not just due to the fact that its in first place, but by how many more units it sells compared to it's competitors at this stage in the game.

Those PS4 sales make me feel fucking sick.

Septembers PS+ line up is a plie of steaming shit, and frankly PS+ has been shockingly bad for at least a good 4-5 months now.

They haven't released ANYTHING NEW of any decent quality recently (aside from a lazy "remaster lol" with only ever so slightly better graphics of a game a mere 1 year old)

Theres not even ONE must have game coming for the rest of 2014.

On top of that, everyone knows that a shit tonne of their "2015" games will get pushed back to 2016. (same shit happened on ps3, that machine had fuck all in terms of real quality games until "the delayed" MGS4 hit)

That god damn console is selling on hype alone, and that just does not sit well with me, PATHETIC.

Lucky bastards either stayed quiet (DRM) or said the right thing at the right time, and the vast majority lapped it up and bought it hook, line and sinker.

Hell, i'll even go as far as to say that "gamers" are PISSING ME OFF right now.

Those sony motherfuckers are coasting along without a care in the world, (hey, why try hard when people are buying your console regardless of how little you try) and that ANGERS me.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

This is my ban rant!

I have to agree.  Gamers have bought into Sony's BS hook, line and sinker...  I have all three consoles this gen and PS4 is definately at the bottom of the list.

You know it is bad when games like The Last Guardian have been in development for over 5 years and Sony fanboys talk as if this has already shipped and it is the most epic game ever... Newsflash!  If I was given a few hundred million and 5 years to develop a game it would be even more epic!

The PS4 is full of hype and very short on substance.  95% of the Indie games are ports from other platforms.  There is only a few indie games that actually shipped first on PS4...  And last generation PS fans told XB fans that downloadable and indie games didn't count.  So, why do they suddenly count this generation then?  Right...  Because that's all PS4 fans have to brag about.

2014 timed console exclusives or full console exclusives (also remove ports from their PS3) is a few Indie games and inFamous SS and the new inFamous Stand alone DLC... Add to that DriveClub and LBP3 coming soon and you've summed up the PS4 lineup for 2014. 

Meanwhile MS brought PvZ Garden Warfare and Titanfall in winter/spring to Xbox gamers and are bringing Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and Disney Fantasia Music Evolved for holiday 2014...  Not to mention a catch-up on Indie games, some Indie stuff of their own, and a bunch of downloadables such as Dance Central and XB1 gamers won't be posting on this site for months because they will be too busy playing games while Sony fanboys will live on this site through the holiday bragging about sales because they won't have any games to play.

To date, Sony has not shown any innovative gameplay this generation.   The games are all looking pretty but play pretty much the same as they did last generation.  Sony simply wants to keep your eye on shiny 1080p the rest of the generation and offer nothing new gameplay wise... (I would've said 60 fps, but we all know that inFamous and DriveClub aren't there).  Meanwhile on XB1, we have seen more zombies in DR3 than could ever have done before, Forza introduced Drivatars to the racing genre, and Titanfall combined the online FPS with Mechs.  Sony brought the "Share" function...

This site, like N4G, and many other so called "gaming media" sites have lost all objectivity and are purely a bunch of Sony fanboys now.  Anything MS does is bad, everything Sony does is thoughtful and for gamers.  I feel for both Nintendo and Microsoft.  Both started the generation shaky, but their games lineup is well above Sony's yet Sony keeps getting the sales.  There is no logic in this anymore, it is purely based on hype and momentum.  Gamers always talk about games always win... With Sony, this is completely untrue.  Nintendo ALWAYS has better and more exclusives than Sony.

Now, I am going to accept my ban on this site from the Sony fanboy owners/employees/mods here, and go back to playing games on my XB1 and Wii U... They will keep me busy through the fall/winter.  Meanwhile pathetic RecycleStation 4 owners will continue to visit this site everyday for the next 6 months talking about how great sales are.  Meanwhile XB1 and Nintendo gamers will be too busy playing games to visit this site this holiday season.  I feel sorry for how Sony fanboys have bought into the marketing BS.  It shows how gullable and pathetic they truely are.

This is partially true (although i do not condone the insults/name-calling in any ways) An excellent first impression and marketing have propelled Sony to dominance. It is the continued momentum and hype that people are continously buying into.

Everything Sony does is praised. When they screw gamers (like charging money for online which used to be free) it is ignored or Sony fans make excuses for them.

Everything Microsoft does is criticsized. Microsoft made many mistakes but has worked very hard over the last year to correct them. Every positive thing Microsoft has going for them is turned into a negative. It is sad to see the mob mentality still going strong 1 year later.

So much hate over MS getting Tomb Raider as a timed exclusive when Sony has a long history of doing the same. People have short memories. It seems everyone has forgotten Sony's E3 2006, the disastrous PS3 launch, the Playstation Network hacking scandal where financial and personal information was stolen and compromised. But I guess all that is forgiven now and Sony is your savior? Give it time, and you will see that Sony isn't your friend. They're a business just like MS, and will do whatever it takes to get the most money from you.

My response above is civil and does not include any name-calling or insults, so please do not try to tell me that my response is inapproprate. It is my opinion. Sony was very smart coming into this generation and learned from their mistakes and that is why they are dominating, however it does not mean this success is warranted compared to what the competitor's are offering.

Aerys said:
Where there is domination, there is hate

The PS2 dominated and it was a quite loved machine by all.

NeoRatt said:
Ronster316 said:

I'm a fanatic and people are wrong for not accepting my taste and oponions as Gospel

Womp Womp Womp I agree Womp Womp....

You guys make it sound like the biggest games of the years aren't coming to the PS4.  You make is sound like everyone should automatically want the Xbox One because it has some games that you deem to be the overriding factor. You make it sound like the PS3 isn't beating the 360 this year by similar global margins.    There was also a firm that released data for the most anticipated games.  The top games were all multiplat with Destiny on top.    Meaning the games most people are excited to play are on both consoles.  If exclusives were the end all, Nintendo would be sitting on top.  Well, its not on top, but it is doing better on a weekly basis than the Xbox One.  So there is your point in practice.