By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Standalone X1 Kinect to retail for $149 from October 6

Also, I wonder why MS doesn't offer SKUs with Kinect for their bundles (Madden, Fifa, Sunset and COD). Seems like potential buyers interested in Kinect would want a Kinect that matches their console.

Around the Network

This still won't be useable on PC right? So another $150 for the PC Kinect?

I really don't know why anyone would buy the standalone Xbone Kinect. Presumably those buying the Kinectless Xbone didn't find enough value in the Kinect to justify the additional price, why would they suddenly drop $150 on it?

mysteryman said:

I really don't know why anyone would buy the standalone Xbone Kinect. Presumably those buying the Kinectless Xbone didn't find enough value in the Kinect to justify the additional price, why would they suddenly drop $150 on it?

Kinect for Windows sells for $199 actually and has been available for a month or so.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

vivster said:
Baalzamon said:
vivster said:
Baalzamon said:
Absolutely amazing considering people seriously thought the Kinect cost almost as much to make as the Xbox One itself.

I have never seen anyone making this claim. In fact it was revealed a long time ago that production cost for Kinect is around $75.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-15-kinect-costs-almost-as-much-as-xbox-one-to-make-says-dev

I've seen numerous people acting like this was a given fact.

So that was either a blatant lie or the X1 could be a lot cheaper.

X1 is definetly a lot cheaper, I highly doubt the x1 can cost as much as a ps4 being that much weaker. But also, they have to make it painfull so people would want to pick up the $500 bundle, but this is to much considering people dont even want the X1 alone.

This is just going to turn a lot of people off and all the ones saying that they dont see a problem and its a good offer or they get why they are doing this and its perfect for the holidays, these people probably already have the $500 x1 bundle. I see this impacting negatively on the holidays sales cuz now they look greedy while also loosing the console race, so they should be humble and grovel to the consumer and not trying to exploit them.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

cpg716 said:
mysteryman said:

Kinect for Windows sells for $199 actually and has been available for a month or so.

Damn, I missed that one. Now begins the long wait until I find one in a bargain bin :D

Around the Network

This thing is DOA. Especially without any major Kinect exclusives coming.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

$149? Forget that shit..

Baalzamon said:
Absolutely amazing considering people seriously thought the Kinect cost almost as much to make as the Xbox One itself.

Who has ever made that claim? Ever?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Baalzamon said:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-15-kinect-costs-almost-as-much-as-xbox-one-to-make-says-dev

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
Areym said:
Baalzamon said:

That was a year ago, before release and clearly, he was talking out of his ass ( i assume to make it sound more expensive and more of a deal when bundled)

But, i stand corrected.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian